Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1985 Dodge Ramcharger On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Dodge-Ramcharger/362506638535?

PROS

100% rust free truck
Honest truck
Ex Forestry truck
Runs and drives great
4 x 4 works
Straight body
Nice original look
Last year of the US truck bodies (thicker metal)
Rear fiber glass hatch is not cracked
Nice looking daily driver or candidate for restoration
These truck keep going up in value
Great father son project
All four tires are 2 months old

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,155 Posts
Claims 118,000 miles on 318 auto. Up to $2175 on 19 bids. Repaint looks pretty sketchy.

====

List of brand new parts installed within the last year:
Demon 650 CFM Carburetor 
Edelbrock air gap intake manifold
Edelbrock valve covers and air cleaner
Billet aluminum HEI distributor
MSD spark plug wires
All new exhaust, including muffler and catalytic converter (from the exhaust manifolds all the way out of the rear)
Motor has RV cam
Water pump
Radiator
Upper and lower radio hoses
All four shocks KYB
Alternator
Battery
Mechanical Fuel Pump
Fuel filters
Rubber fuel lines
Drive belts
Brake pads front and rear
Brake hoses
Steering gear box
Inner and outer tie rods
Drag link/Idler arm
Upper lower ball joints

CONS
Front seats do not match rear in color, they have great upholstery but they are grey. However nice seats
Two small dents in the driver side of the body (please see pictures) 1 on front fender and 2 on rear corner
Clear coat is peeling off of roof, hood, tops of fenders, and doors. I was told the whole truck does not need to be repainted. Can take care of those area alone.
Needs new plug for towing located on rear bumper (plastic broke still works) please see pictures.
AC compressor and lines needs to be installed, AC compressor is good and did work. Comes with new condenser and dryer in box also AC belt
Heater works buts needs fitting installed on intake manifold, then put new 5/8 rubber hose, heater core is good
Needs head liner
Roof has 3/8 holes from roof rack, no rust just holes, everywhere there is a silver piece of tape their is a hole. Please see pictures

Will be sold with no reserve

The ram charger could be driven home, it's in good condition. This is not a show truck however is road worthy. This truck needs a little TLC, lot's of work has been done already to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Single plane intake.  Also, wouldn't the A/C mounting be in the way of the upper rad hose?  Otherwise looks to be in GREAT shape, and NO reserve!

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
It's a dual plane intake, it's just an Edelbrock Air-Gap.  Either way it's not going to have the mounting boss for the rear A/C bracket, even if the compressor can clear the runners.

·
Registered
758 Posts
When you have one of those intakes how do you spec out the upper rad hose?  I just did mine and it has a different routing.

Also the intake looks like it has a plug for the heater hose connection.  OK, I get that (he says in the ad), just don't understand how the waterpump heater connection works then?  Guess I have a lot to learn about what to do (and not to do!).

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
The upper radiator hose appears to be a non-A/C version.  The A/C version usually comes up off the thermostat housing and immediately goes to the driver side for an inch or two and then out towards the radiator once it's around the A/C compressor.

As for the heater hoses, it appears the owner didn't install the hose nipples off the stock intake, so there is no place to connect them to.  It's kind of a common problem for them to be rusted tight to the stock steel intake and/or rusted out from the inside to the point that they are so weak that trying to remove them destroys them.  I can't count how many old muscle cars I bought back in the '90s with a short piece of galvanized house plumbing pipe threaded into the aftermarket aluminum intakes.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sorry to ask the obvious to most, but then what about the heating hose connection on the water pump?

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Probably just capped off.  There isn't a pic of the engine that shows the water pump, but capping it off with a rubber cap or a piece of hose with a plug is most common.  There are even some aftermarket water pumps that take the same screw in hose nipples like the intakes that could be plugged like the intake as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.