Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though people might like to use this as an example of what not to buy. Nice looking body, but not built appropriate to the motor....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Dodge-Other-Pickups-440-BIG-BLOCK-DODGE-V8-FAST-CLEAN-TRUCK/283693156389?hash=item420d6e0825:g:iKwAAOSwO-Rd4TXp

Hadn't been on ebay in a while and thought I would do a quick search, interesting find, looks like paint body and motor were done, but no upgrade to rearend or tranny to hold 440 power. Looks like stock 727, and drums on the back of an 8 1/4. Frame looks a little sketchy as well with a fast repaint on it. I should put it this way I wouldn't pay that much for basic upgrades with no direction put on the truck and a fear of breaking everything from the tranny output back.

Happy viewing.

Neil

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you look closely at the driver side roof by the drip rail it looks like there is rust bubbling up. 

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
Drop the front end by cutting the coil springs in half ?

Bolt the master cylinder to the firewall and throw the brake booster away to make the motor fit?

There's a reason we don't discuss web flipper weasel hacks on this board.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I also have a rule about not buying a Mopar from a guy that surrounds it in his shop with Camaros, Z-28s, and Firebirds. ::)

The frame does lot like a quick paint job. The roof does appear to be rusting from the inside above the windshield.
The axle flip kit, looks like a quicky job.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those front coils scared the crap out of me!!! Axle flip was very quick looks like they may have used the original u bolts  :eek:.  Plus no type of traction aide either to prevent axle wrap, very very scary.  Must of thought if they put slapper bars or anything else on it the rearend would snap. 

Also upon further inspection of photos roof does look a little scary with several noticeable bubbles.  I would hate to see this in person.  I would probably rip it apart upon further visual inspection. 

Neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.