Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the easiest way to remove the entire body tub from my '89? Since this is going to be my project, I want to pull the body off to sandblast and seal the frame the right way, so I don't have problems later on.. I do have a carport type thing with a solid beam across the middle that I can hang a chain hoist from, but I don't want to break any of the glass from flexing it or cause any other damage. Can anyone guide me? Any idea what the body weighs?

Thanks,
Matt {peace}

G

·
Remove the body bolts
make some saw horses that you can put on each side
lift up one end of the body and put a 4x4 under the body so that the body is on the 4x4 and the 4x4 is on the saw horses and then do that to the front and roll the frame out from under it.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
sounds like that would work dude

·
Registered
57 Posts
That is what I am doing with mine too

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good... Now before I go nuts, I know I'm going to have to take off the fenders, and unhook electrical, steering, and brake lines, but is there anything else I need to know? How many bolts am I looking for?

Matt {peace}

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't forget shifters and linkage

G

·
The tub should be 8 bolts You can pull the entire front clip off with removing the 2 cores support bolts 2 bolts under the cowl the out of the inner fenders. The bolts at the bottom of the fenders by the rocker pannel and the more bolts in the door jambs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.