Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 4x4 ramcharger with 360 and im wondering if its easier to remove engine and and leave trans  and replace torque converter or take trans transfer case and axles out or what other ways there are. Also i should mention i have no lift only jack stands and jack but not transmission jack

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
For a torque converter, I'd rent a trans jack and drop the trans/tcase. Pulling the engine requires a cherry picker, removal of the hood and disconnecting lots of hoses, wires and other connections.

Don't change the TC if you don't have to.

Ed

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
why would you take the axles out , everything being equal its easier to lift the motor swap TC and drop motor back in , all you need is a tree or a rafter in the garage or (6) 2 x 10,s and build a Gantry

Attachments

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
to be honest , IF dropping a drive shaft is something you don't wanna do ....  your biting off alot more changing a converter , no matter which way you go about it . Me ? I've pulled the motor and done it that way , dirt floor ...at the time .

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Mega homemade gantry

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.