Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok .....how hard is this to but on??....first i thought the end on the foot brake broke.......so yesterday i looked......seemes just to come out of the notch on the pedal......so i but it back in.......crawl under the truck to hook the other end up.....seemed a bit short..........sprayed then adjusting nut with some blaster....... and srrayed again a few hrs later.......had a adjustable wrench and a 1/2 wrench on the shaft.........bang!!!! dmn thing broke right where the cable meets the shaft......head to the parts store.......where my buddy works........26$$ and some change..not bad i guess for raybestos??......brake cable....i doest look to awfull hard..to do iguess??.........

G

·
If it is the part from the pedal to the divider it is not hard to do. If I recall correctly, just pull the carpet back and release the retainer that holds it in the floor and pull it up to slip it off of the pedal. pull the old cable out and install the new one. You may have to loosen the adjuster a fair bit to get the new cable on.
Then adjust it and you're done

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok man thanks...........looks easy,..but never did it.....thanks again

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok well went to install the new e brake cable..........old one was easy to get out........so im lookin at the old/new one.........new one was about 10" to long........im likw what the [email protected]!!!!..go back to the parts store.....relooks it up....says that should fit.up to '87.......ok....maybe it was boxed wrong??..so he looks up in the book for '88 and up?.seems thats the cable i need........after we got the tape measure out......and checked.........im like how can that be??........but wont have it till monday....so we will see then!!!

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
When you pull the old cable out, it can be a pita because of the retainer up behind the pedal. I used a small hose clamp to get all of the little tabs in so it could slip out. It took a little bit of time, but it will come out.

BTW, I replaced every single E-brake cable a few weeks ago. IM me if you need any help.

Ted

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok Ted.......i just think it was the wrong lenght.......when i put in the new cable,,,,,it hung down and almost touched the frnt leaf spring!!!.....im thinkin no way is this the right cable....and yes i took out the clip in the pedal,...the old one was right where it was to be.......right up against that metal plateunder the truck.nice and neat...i had the back 2 replaced 2 months ago......i should be all set if this other cable i get on monday is the right one...and yes it was real easy to get out and put in........just way to friggin long...thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts