Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 85 Dodge W-150 on 35s. When I crank her to the right I can cut the tires real sharp, but when I cut them to the left, they hardly move. They dont cut to the left half as far as they do to the right ???.

·
Registered
619 Posts
sounds like you have a problem with your steering box/draglink/or pitman arm. have you checked all the steering assembly bushings?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Is this a new problem? Like just after a lift, etc???

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Sounds to me like someone got their pitman arm back on off-center...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the truck with the lift and everything already on it.
Its been sitting in my driveway for the last month (been TDY). I tore the inside out of it cause the guy I bought it from had wires going everywhere. Plus I had to replace the starter and alternator so I havent fired it up at all. Any way I fired her up today and noticed the whole steering thing.

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Hey Mtn Home, hello from Holloman. Didja have fun in the sandbox or the "Stans"?

When the front wheels are pointed straight forward, is the pitman arm pointed at 9 Oclock (if the front of the truck is 12 Oclock) ? In other words pointed about 90 degrees from the line of the frame and spring.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the sandbox sucked @$$. Was there for 5 months. Just got back as a matter fact. Didnt check the pitman arm though. What part of the pitman needs to be in the 9 oclock position ???.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, Its in the 9 oclock position

1 - 9 of 9 Posts