Dodge RamCharger Central banner
241 - 260 of 277 Posts

·
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Eric
I usually use a HD nut that I weld in to the underside where it is hard to get at. The HD nuts are a lot fatter so the welding does not distort the nut. You can see in here @ reply # 26;
Jungle's new CTD RC called Tex | Page 2 | Dodge RamCharger Central
Jim
Great Idea Jim! I knew I should have re read your build post but completely forgot . Thanks Jim, I will go back through your build post. All this hardware Looks amazing! Can't wait to get this thing driving!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Seems to me that going with a stock dodge front suspension would have made the whole thing much easier.

I know that isn’t Duddie’s intent since he wants it to do a d be something different, but it’s good to keep some perspective.

·
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Seems to me that going with a stock dodge front suspension would have made the whole thing much easier.

I know that isn’t Duddie’s intent since he wants it to do a d be something different, but it’s good to keep some perspective.
Easy, Yes, But I've dealt with both stock and aftermarket lift springs. I never got the right quality I wanted Until I did the 52" springs on the Death Charger. They ride so amazing that I want to try and replicate that for on road driving. It will take more work and It will take me longer to do this project, But the pay off will be worth it in my eyes.

Also Luckily, With the Jungle setup, "If" I can't get the 52" springs to work the way I want it, I can simply bolt on some stock springs to those hangers. That's the great thing about this set up!

But You are right, I like to be different haha

·
Registered
508 Posts
I know the feeling, wanting to be different. That’s kind of why we do Dodges isn’t it?

·
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Howdy there Guys and Gals! Do you Like Cars? Do you Like Coffee? Do you get confused identifying Classic Hot Rods? Then this is the episode for you!

·
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Howdy there Guys and Gals! On today's episode I go Dodge Hunting! and I harvest a Unicorn!! Tell me what you think, is this a rare unicorn truck or another clapped out Dodge? ..... Or Both!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had no idea that bedliner holds moisture like that. Is it not good to have it in your bed then?

I've heard of hot rod guys using it as undercoating. That's probably not a great idea, seeing this truck.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Howdy there Guys and Gals! On today's episode I go Dodge Hunting! and I harvest a Unicorn!! Tell me what you think, is this a rare unicorn truck or another clapped out Dodge? ..... Or Both!

that's an awesome score.....fix the fuel leak, pressure wash all that trash DIY bed liner off of it, and bomb it...I'm jelous of that score for sure....but I have a feeling that if I knew what you paid for it, I'd hate you. :)

·
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
I had no idea that bedliner holds moisture like that. Is it not good to have it in your bed then?

I've heard of hot rod guys using it as undercoating. That's probably not a great idea, seeing this truck.
Inside a truck I think is fine, I think the problem is when you bed line a cab, moisture builds up between the sheet metal and then collects in areas that start rusting. It's just what I've seen around here. Especially bad in areas around the gulf with all that salt air. Might not be a problem for everyone, But every time I've seen it they rot underneath.

that's an awesome score.....fix the fuel leak, pressure wash all that trash DIY bed liner off of it, and bomb it...I'm jealous of that score for sure....but I have a feeling that if I knew what you paid for it, I'd hate you. :)
Unfortunately the bed linear would need to be grinded off or sand blasted off. I've tried cutting a few areas and pulling it off, but it's super thick. So If I do decide to build this truck, it will get another cab and front sheet metal. I did get a good deal on it, but It needs a lot of work haha

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Is it rusting from trapped moisture? or more likely the bed liner was just slapped on to cover up the rust.

Reactions: ProjectM880

·
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Is it rusting from trapped moisture? or more likely the bed liner was just slapped on to cover up the rust.
Either or for sure. These old Dodges have sweet spots they like to rust and Bed Linear I think just makes it worse. Plus its a huge pain to remove haha

·
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
Howdy there Guys and Gals, On today's episode I work on the 1992 Dodge W350 and attempt to make it not a FIRE HAZARD!!!!

·
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Howdy there Guys and Gals, On today's episode I try to fix the 4 wheel drive on my 1992 Dodge Ram W350 and then do a light test Off-Road Test!

241 - 260 of 277 Posts