Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a 4 " Skyjacker lift , 4 springs, on my 1990 Ramcharger and my front driveshaft (CV) is binding on itself , I really don't want to go grinding on it , is there a correct way to fix this issue ?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Grinding it works really well. This is my W250's shaft when I was done with it. After more lift, I needed a longer shaft and went to a 2ndgen one... the spicer 1330CV already does that angle without grinding.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
SuperLift driveshaft spacer = its for a Chevy but it the same thing as a dodge / also grinding IS the correct thing to do

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info , I guess Ill take it apart and grind it , I should probably replace the ujoints anyway since I don't know how old they are , they seem tight but I've owned it for 15 years and have never changed them. Does the driveshaft spacer shorten the length of the driveshaft after lifting the Ramcharger and correct the angle to some extent?

Thanks Again

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I have one of those Superlift spacers and the four extra long bolts if you are interested. It's just sitting in my parts cabinet taking up space. Cheap.

I used it after doing my 4 inch lift. But, pulled it off a few years later when I had the front driveshaft modified.

PM me if interested.

Mike

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,344 Posts
The most correct way would be to rotate the axle to match the new angle. But, that would require repositioning the spring perches (cut and weld) as well as the front steering components ("rotating the Cs") all of which are expensive and labor intensive compared to just grinding a little.

http://cutandturn.com/index.html

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
not even sure you must disassemble to grind the little blocks that bind off . worth a lookie see ...

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
dodge82273 said:
not even sure you must disassemble to grind the little blocks that bind off . worth a lookie see ...
Right...I didn't disassemble mine either. Just ground them down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.