Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a -88 RC that i have just lifted 4 inches with a skyjacker kit.
The Rear driveshaft shakes like its obsessed after the lifting.
I Knew the front could be an issue but i tought the rear would go fine. My question is if you think i have to Get a CV Shaft or drop the transfer. Or Maybe the reason for the shaking is the difference in angles at the pinion and the trans.

The springs are SKyjacker DR60 without factory blocks. They have a angle deegre shims.
I m thinking maybe if i remove the shims both angles would be pretty much the same, but the total length of the driveshaft would be longer.

Anyone have a idea or do i have to go CV? When i read in RCC it looks like the driveshaft problem normally occurs with 6 inch lift and higher.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i have heard of some shafts having to be timed.both yokes in same position on t-case and rear end.If they are out of time they can cause a vibration.i always make sure mine where the same i've never had a problem.Don't know if its one of those myths but might be worth a try.

·
Registered
29,309 Posts
take the shims out

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fixed.  I removed the angle shims and put in the original lower blade instead so i wouldnt"sag", Took a test drive and now its Ok . Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts