Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we just had a really heavy rain, and I noticed the windows were all fogged up in the Ramcharger.. so I went to do a little investigating open the door and the floor on the driver side was soaked. water was coming down from under the dash by the emergency brake lever. a little more investigating showed that the water was coming from the drip rail drains down by the corner of the windshield around the a-pillar and over the top of the weather stripping and running down and inside. So I read some posts quickly and ended up ordering the( Fairchild kd3004). now I guess the only question really is did I order the good stuff?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And is this the clip on stuff not the glue on?

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
What drip rail drain?  There shouldn't be any holes in the drip rail, it should route all the water back behind the door on the side.  If you have water anywhere near the kick panel, my first place to check it the fender/cowl drains.  Once they get filled up with debris, the water will easily flow over the internal dam and into the floor.  Also note that if you are thinking of replacing the vent window gaskets, they are not available for the '88 and later models.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The vent window weather stripping is still good, the door weather stripping is still intact but squished and checked I guess you can say dry rot on the top. I'm going to go out there and look again but on both sides in the drip rail just above the corners of the windshield is a very small hole with what looks like some seam sealer ,I know right nothing like that. when I open the door I watched it come out that hole cuz I kept plugging it with my finger on and off went around the a-pillar and onto the weather stripping and I have a set of three gauges there the water was going behind that and then down the kick panel .I will also check in the cowl for debra but I usually blow it out with the air hose all the time. I shoved an ear plug in that small hole with a pencil while it was pouring out and it's stopped coming in. I was like what the fuck those holes aren't supposed to be there but they are on both sides.????? If I was a brook trout I'd be swimming in the cab. The driver side door has a tiny bit of play in the pins but the back rear of the door Bodyline lines up perfectly with body. What's up with those holes they've got original paint on them and everything?? and did I at least get the good weather stripping

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, it's not a hole I just went out back and looked it's a half moon concave in the top of the drip Rail and just goes out to the trim. Kind of bugged I just ripped up the carpet.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
should I just put a little dab of silicone on those Half Moon( concaveness )so it doesn't do that anymore????

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i smoothed  some dum-dum,in thoes concave divits in the top of the drip rail. It's been raining  like hell and no more water in the cab!🤗😎🤗

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the dumb dumb worked in the top of the drip rail kept it fairly dry in the cab, very minor wetness. Then I installed the Fairchild weatherstripping ,by the way excellent product no more water in cab, happy day.😎

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.