Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Door weatherstrip problems 78 RC

791 views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Charger chick 
#1 · (Edited)
Can anyone here recommend a GOOD weatherstrip that goes on the body to seal the doors? I've tried the factory style, Ive tried different aftermarket stuff that comes on a roll, Ive tried adjusting the doors. No matter what I do I can't keep water out. I would prefer the factory style but NOT the kind that has that black goop inside it!
Recommendations for a specific brand?
Thanks.

#2 ·
I put new seals on my 77. I used the slip on type that grip the pinch weld. I cut the seal at the two locations where the top connects. I too have water intrusion. I'm not 100% sure the water is from the door seals. It could be from where the top hits the windshield. It could be coming in thru where the bulkhead connectors are. Anywhere around the steering wheel and transmission linkage come in. Bad windshield seal or who knows. These RC's just don't seal well.

I know. I'm no help. lol

#8 ·
I put new seals on my 77. I used the slip on type that grip the pinch weld. I cut the seal at the two locations where the top connects. I too have water intrusion. I'm not 100% sure the water is from the door seals. It could be from where the top hits the windshield. It could be coming in thru where the bulkhead connectors are. Anywhere around the steering wheel and transmission linkage come in. Bad windshield seal or who knows. These RC's just don't seal well.

I know. I'm no help. lol
What brand did you get?

#3 ·
I got the slip on kind from rock auto. There’s good but they’re not old and warn like the old ones so I can see outside a little bit. Need to adjust the door but overall fine from rockauto

#5 ·
I used Fairchild Industries weatherstrip kit from Summit Racing in my '88 Ramcharger with no issues. Identical to the factory seals, and worked like expected. My Ramcharger is a hardtop, however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.