Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked on the doors new pins and bushings, got them to close nice, replaced the felts, first set I had to brake out they were all hard as rocks, now both doors pop when you open them, it is the spring, the rollers are free and well lubed??  Just annoying I guess but would like to stop the popping noise.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
the POP is caused by the roller bushing being shot and put in a bind and as the door closes it unloads and POPS / try spinning the roller to a different position and put more lube on it

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
I have one that does that , it too is well lubed , perhaps we need to remove the lube from the outside of the roller/and ramp , so it has to turn on the lubed inside ... it IS annoying as heck . 

·
Registered
758 Posts
DODGEBOYS said:
the POP is caused by the roller bushing being shot and put in a bind and as the door closes it unloads and POPS / try spinning the roller to a different position and put more lube on it
Absolutely awesome - I have a door on my RC project that does this...can't wait to try it out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.