Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not an RC question, but a 99 Dakota. Has anyone ever changed out one of the doorlock solenoids on one of these newer Daks? I made the first and last mistake by asking this question on one of the other boards, its apparent the experts reside on this one. Anyway, I'm wanting to know if there are any surprises like having to use some Tool Part # 34781263947816238476 :) or drill a 4" hole in the outside of the door? Thanks in advance for any advice...no need to advise me not to go to those other boards, it won't happen.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I've never opened a 99 Dak, but it shouldn't be much different than an RC... I'm not sure of getting the door panel off (should be just clips with a hidden screw or two), but once you do, it should be bolted thru the bottom of door directly under the latch. I'm pretty sure at this point they're using motors, but it should be the same. If you need a replacement, order an aftermarket one off eBay. You'll save a bundle... they go for as little as $2 each, and they're durable. I've had mine in for 4 years now with no trouble.

BTW, it's good to meet a fellow Pyro!

Matt {peace}

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt,

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll find out since the part comes in Thursday. Yeah their are a few of us around that like the smell of the smoke. What company do you shoot displays for?

Bryant

G

·
If it is anything like the 2k durango that door is a piece of cake to work on. Remove the screws from behind the arm rest and the door handle and the top part by the mirror. Don't pull the pannel out horzontally lift up verticly and the pannel will come off. There are no clips but more like a upside down L hook. Un plug the window controller, mirrior wires and the clip that holds the door latch rod and the mirror wires. remove the inner plasticdoor seal. look inside you can see the door lock actuator. it should be 1 10mm bolt and a plug. You can get the parts from the dealer. first time inside the Durango I was able to R&R a window motor and regulator in about 20min.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the advice, I pulled the panel off on Sunday to check it out (the part hadn't ordered yet). The truck rolled off to its new owner yesterday and with his discounted price he can tackle it now. Of course I can advise him if he's needs it. Since the whole latch changes out and there is little room to work back in there, I'm not whining about not getting to do the job. :) I'll be ready if the wife's latch goes out on her 99.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.