Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of a project is it to replace or reline the door glass channels? Do the door panels have to come off or can a new insert be put in the original chnnels?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not a big deal, but yes, the door panels do have to come off. Remember, the glass goes completely down inside the door when the window is down, and the window channel moldings extend all the way down there with it. I got my window channel moldings from JC Whitney, and used WD-40 to help them slip in. They fit fine; however, the belt line weatherstrip moldings (2 per door, between door and glass) from JC Whitney don't fit worth a crap.

·
Registered
194 Posts
How about the vent glass gasket (windwing), the dealership said they don't stock them any longer. I grabbed a couple out of the wrecking yard but got them home and they weren't much better. I was mainly testing out the headaches getting the channel and glass out of the door.

Does anyone know of a source for those seals?

I just put the outside belt weatherstrips on my rig, they didn't fit real hot either. They cost 76 bucks at the dealership on top of that.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
how bad were the belt line strips? mine are HORRIBLE, when i put the window down, then back up [when its wet] there is no difference at all, still soaked. i tried getting them off other dodges, but they are all dead too. its so bad i cant even replace the speakers cuz they get soaked. thanks in advance...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts