Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.  I don't have a vacuum hone connected to my air filter, to run that air cleaner intake flap/door.  I have an '89 RC, EFI, 4x4, 5.9L V8.  I have a multiport, and was wondering if the vacuum hose not being connected to run the air filter door even mattered, for a non carb'd engine?

Or maybe this is the cause for the random rough idle I experience ever so ofteN??

thx

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
If you talking about the warm air door in the air cleaner snorkel, yes, it always makes a difference.  Usually in cold weather performance just after start up and in warm up times.  It can also effect emissions and fuel consumption.  Once the engine has reached operating temperature, it should no longer make a difference.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Well if the hose isn't there then you have a small vacuum leak where it plugs into the base of the TBI if I remember correctly.

Check for codes if your idle is not what it should be.

The flap is there for a reason as stated above, best to have it functioning unless you live in a place where the temp never dips below 75 deg

Cheers

Chris

G

·
Meh, I've been running a cheapy edelbrock open element for about two years now, no problems so far. No vacuum leaks, no codes, no idle problems, starts right up and warms up nicely in 10 degree temps too.
So I'd say your idle issues are else where.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts