Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
62,267 Posts
Its not factory. The hinges look decent, but I can't see the fiberglass tailgate taking the abuse. If you are planning on making one to fit, I would design it to go all the way across, and latch on the drivers side above, or below the tail light.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, It's most definitely aftermarket. the 81 and ups didn't have factory exterior tire carries as far as I know. the place that did the conversion is no longer in business. I found an 85 for sale in Arizona, with what looks like this one but I'm waiting on close ups to confirm

·
Registered
93 Posts
SuperBurban said:
Its not factory. The hinges look decent, but I can't see the fiberglass tailgate taking the abuse. If you are planning on making one to fit, I would design it to go all the way across, and latch on the drivers side above, or below the tail light.
Agreed. I've decided the route to go in regards to newer RC's is to fabricate a bumper with an integrated tire carrier. I've no faith at all in the fiberglass liftgate retaining the latch mechanism.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree but this is the one of one Cabela concept ramcharger, and I am restoring it to as close to original as possible but the roof rack and tire carrier are missing. 

·
Registered
93 Posts
Blauram said:
I agree but this is the one of one Cabela concept ramcharger, and I am restoring it to as close to original as possible but the roof rack and tire carrier are missing.
Looks like it's missing some sheet metal as well. Damn tinworm never sleeps. Still, it's a good looking rig, and ought to be pretty spectacular when you're done with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.