Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 93 plymouth colt back in december. it needed an engine, i put a new engine in it. then didnt have any problems. i put about 11,000 on it so far, and the other day when i was going to work, it over heated. So when i was looking at it the next day, i noticed the top radiator hose was sliced. so i put a new one in, and put more coolant in. still over heated. then i put a new thermostate in it, still overheats. whats left? the heater core maybe? cuz its not getting any heat either. nothing is leaking also. Thanks

·
7,995 Posts
Sounds like you might have air in the cooling system that needs to be bled out. I'm not sure on that car but there may be a bleeder plug near the thermostat to let the air out or you might try running the engine up to temp with the cap off and see if you get any big bubbles of air that bleeds out through the open cap. If its not leaking coolant but is using it than it may be a bad head gasket or cracked head.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im gonna try breaking the bleeder loose. i seen that earlier when i was working on it. Ive checked the oil, but that looks fine, i dont think that the head is messed up, but i will see if that bleeder works.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep, that was the problem, just had alot of air in the heater lines. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Fun little cars, put GOOD mud and snor tires on it and you will be surprized where it will go! lol

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its actually got pretty agressive tires right now, and everytime i gun it in my driveway, it covers the sides of the car. For being alittle 1.8 Mitsubishi engine, the damn thing has some power. also help being that its a 5speed manual. hehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts