Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a spare magazine disconnect/ejector bar retainer for a model 91/30 mosin-nagant?

While dismantling, cleaning, and modifying the ATI synthetic stock on my little brothers rifle last night, this part broke in half right where the screw goes through that holds it to the receiver.

As for replacing his, that isn't a problem. I broke it, so I will take the one out of my Mosin and put it in his.

The issue is, after I do that, I will need one for my rifle. :-\

I can try brazing or soldering this piece, but it is so small I am worried brazing may melt it totally. And it is, what I believe to be, spring steel so I don't know how difficult it will be to solder or if it will be strong enough to do its job afterwards.

The last option if I can't locate one is to try manufacturing my own, but not sure how that will turn out.

Willing to pay for it if someone does have one.

Any help is great

Thanks,

Eric

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, thanks for the link. looks like i can buy just that part for $5. not to bad as long as shipping doesnt kill the deal. but there are some other items on the site that might make it worth one large order.

thanks a ton

eric

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Your welcome. :)

At $25 bucks that is about half what a Mosin goes for, but 9 times out of ten one of these springs is broke already.

I broke the magazine main spring in my first Mosin the second time I shot it, looked for a replacement for a long time and ended up buying another one with a bad bore for parts, there is nothing left of that rifle 18 years later.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
440 4spd Power Ram said:
ended up buying another one with a bad bore for parts,
this is actually what i was worried was gonna have to happen

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
440 4spd Power Ram said:
Sometimes it's cheaper in the long run with older guns like these. Heck one of my Mosin's is 111 years old.. :eek:
well it would potentially be a consideration. However, a deal fell in my lap last night that had me shooting (pun intended) my gun budget for the year. I'll start a new topic on it though.

Eric

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
I just blew my budget for the next 2 years......so I look forward to your new thread. ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts