Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, you heard me, Fargo. A Canadian Dodge truck sold by Plymouth dealers.
well here it is...
it has a suspension and wiring from a 79 d150 and a 383 big block from a 64 police interceptor car, backed by a 727 torquflite pushbutton. I'll keep you posted on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
before the front went on.

Attachments

·
5,137 Posts
Can't wait to see it when it is all finished.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the old frame

Attachments

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and the new.

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Very strange front end never seen anything like it before. Should be a real head turner. Very nice work.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Cool old Fargo. What year did they quit making Fargos and switch to the Dodge name in Canada?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we had dodge since day one, we just had twice as many truck dealers, the dodge/desoto dealers, and the Chrysler/ Plymouth dealers. for a while, we even had plymouth trucks, and mexico had desoto trucks. Fargo trucks were phased out in the late 70's, so you could probably have a fargo trailduster out there somewhere...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay, here's an update. the wiring is being updated and more parts being grafted in to the wiring system. I'm still looking for a pair of doors for the truck, if someone can give me some help with that I'd appreciate it, although, I may just rush the doors on to the truck and weld the bottom of the drivers door closed. I've discovered that I can't go any farther at this point on the suspension, and I figure it's now simpler to just find an entire frame and re mount the body on the new frame, but even with a short box ram reg cab frame I could still get a long box bed on with no problem. and I'd really like to keep the frame length I have. the problem with the front end right now is that when I grafted it on, I made the caster alighment way too much, and so the truck will steer like mad if it hits a bump in the road. I'm glad I found that now, and not when I'm driving it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts