Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a diference in the jeep dana 44 and the dodge dana 44, i bought a trac loc on ebay and tore the front end of my truck apart to find that the trac lock is 1/2 inches to wide to fit into my case, i thought they were all standard, a quick response is appreciated being i still have everything tore apart in the drive way.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Depends on the year, could be for a reverse rotation. I'm not 100% sure but that would be the only thing that I could think of other than overall width of the axle.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there a difference in a dana 44 rear axle and a dana 44 front axle other than posistion of the pumpkin?

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
There is a carrier break in Dana 44s. It's likely that for you to use this diff, you will likely need to change carriers.

Ed

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what is a carrier break, and you mean by changing carriers i could not use this trac lok on this axle, that is what you are saying right?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok the spicer dealer in my area told me today that it doesn't fit because it is for 4:10 gears, now that doesn't make since to me because my 3:55 ring gear fits on this carrier, briant you got me confussed, are you saying that i can use this locker just put it in a different carrier, or that i will have to get another locker for it alltogether?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok here is the answer to the quesiton. on a jeep grand jerokee (ignor the spelling) the dana 44 is not a standard dana 44 it is a dana 44hd and the case is 3/4 of an inch wider where the carrier bearings fit in. so if anyone has a grand jerokee and would like to have a trac lock for that vehicle i have one extremly cheap and it has been looked over by a shop and is said to look unused. ohh yes gear ratio is 3:55-3:73

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.