Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder what that might be,,,, a 7 liter hemi ?

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Guaranteed it will be something I cannot afford.  ;D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aluminum 426 mpfi Hemi,, dubbed the Hellaphant, 1000hp, 950lbs torque... im happy

·
Premium Member
7,305 Posts
Elwenil said:
Guaranteed it will be something I cannot afford. ;D
Guaranteed it will be something none of us can afford. :-X

Ed

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
RXT said:
Guaranteed it will be something none of us can afford. :-X

Ed
Ya, I agree. Yet, sounds fascinating...Suddenly, 707 HP doesn't sound all that powerful. LOL.

·
7,250 Posts
Yep. A friend of mine was at the unveiling. Some of the drool on it is his, lol

Chris

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Yup. more shit I can't afford, lol.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I'm guessing only the displacement is shared with the original?

Starter is on wrong side haha.

Bucky

·
7,250 Posts
I need one for my Durango

Chris

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
712edf said:
I'm guessing only the displacement is shared with the original?
Still has spark plugs in the center of the chamber and the valve configuration is the same (intake on top, exhaust at the bottom, not side by side). So, the most important parts of the design are the same.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
where else would ya put the intake / exhaust ? hey a marine version with exhaust facing up outta the valley !  so a high reving modern cast /machined version , with everything ya need to bolt it into anything custom . Yes the only thing the same is the cubic inches , or at least the declared inches . I remember when the 426 came out , serious drag racers stayed with the 392 because they were blowing up the 426 , changes were made THEN those folks started using 426's on blown rails , I recommend giving it a little time before running out and getting one anyway.

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
dodge82273 said:
where else would ya put the intake / exhaust ? hey a marine version with exhaust facing up outta the valley ! so a high reving modern cast /machined version , with everything ya need to bolt it into anything custom .
Not sure what you mean, as I explained it in my post.....A typical V8 has the valves inline (so to speak), parallel with the crank. A hemi valve configuration is perpendicular to the crank which provides a much smoother path in and out of the combustion chamber. The intake valve is right near the intake port, the exhaust valves are right by the exhaust port.

Yes the only thing the same is the cubic inches , or at least the declared inches .
Because of the above, and the spark plug placement, the most important attributes to a hemi are still there, not just the displacement.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
my Harley is a hemi .....  you said intake on top , exhaust on bottom , well yeah .... BUT , maybe the other way could be for marine use , with exhaust pipes straight up ? ( I was joking )  ....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.