Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
11,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the hole location transfer templates.
For use on the late 80s Dodge RCs converting to the chevy 56" springs using my hangers.The transfer templates are available at $56.00 with the transfer punch. I think this will fit 1981 to 1993 but we would need to verify this.
Thanks for looking,
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Is this template for use for front or rear mounting of the Chevy springs? If I remember right I've seen some use them in the front and others in the rear.

·
Vendor
11,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is for the rear spring front mount & the rear spring rear mount.
Jim

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh gosh, shortly after posting the question I realized it said "rear spring shackle" right in the title. Sorry about that. Blonde moment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Jungle,

Did you ever get a chance to see if your spring shackle flip templates would work for a crew cab as posted by Madbodhi?

I have an 85 crew and some 56" Deavers removed from my 3/4 ton suburban.  I'd really like to use those if possible.

Also, do you have any kit for fitting chevy front springs under my crew cab?

Thanks!

·
Vendor
11,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They will work but I don't have a drill jig for them. Now your going with the chevy 56"ers & they will work with them also. You have to be careful to get them correctly positioned before drilling all the holes but they will work great!.
On the front axle I have a front drop hanger that you could use but you have to extend the frame so it has something to sit on.
Seen here;
http://ramchargercentral.com/jungleshddodgecomponents/dodge-front-spring-drop-hangers-with-shackles/msg1527215/#msg1527215
Does that help?
Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to be a pain in the rear,  ;) but I'm interested in using 63" 1/2 ton chevy rear springs. I have a 94" Sub that I converted to SAS. When I did the front, I converted the back from 56" to 63" and used Watson's shackle flip and relocated the stock front mount. Is it possible to do the same on my 76 PW?

·
Vendor
11,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
retroblazer said:
Not to be a pain in the rear, ;) but I'm interested in using 63" 1/2 ton chevy rear springs. I have a 94" Sub that I converted to SAS. When I did the front, I converted the back from 56" to 63" and used Watson's shackle flip and relocated the stock front mount. Is it possible to do the same on my 76 PW?
the rear 63" is 2 1/2" wide spring correct?
If it is yes it can be done. I have the rear spring front hanger seen here;
http://ramchargercentral.com/jungleshddodgecomponents/dodge-rear-spring-front-hanger-to-go-with-shackle-flip/

& here is the shackle flip kit;
http://ramchargercentral.com/jungleshddodgecomponents/dodge-rear-spring-shackle-flip-hangers/

I should have the poly bushings on the way from my supplier now.
Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts