Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for a new front and rear bumper (black) for an 85' dodge ram. i have found many chrome but no black, please help

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Fey makes standard rear step bumpers that are available in black.  I think about any parts store can order them or a variety of places on-line.

I don't recall seeing any factory painted front bumpers (unless owner customized), probably have to look at aftermarket styles or custom built for that.  May talk to a body shop and inquire about their replacement suppliers and one of them may be able to help you out.

·
2013 Ram 1500 2014 Challenger SXT
2,273 Posts
Yes it will have to be an aftermarket part because there were no black bumpers made for those years.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't recall seeing any Black bumpers from that era, but I have a gray painted rear step bumper I pulled off a parts truck years ago.  The donor truck was a basic model.  I assumed it was a factory bumper...but don't really know.

·
Administrator
60,419 Posts
Tman said:
I don't recall seeing any Black bumpers from that era, but I have a gray painted rear step bumper I pulled off a parts truck years ago. The donor truck was a basic model. I assumed it was a factory bumper...but don't really know.
Look through this Macho photo album, you will find many black bumpers. ;)

http://ramchargercentral.com/media/?sa=album;in=122

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
But none from '85.  ;D 

There were painted front and rear bumpers available on D/W series trucks through the '80s and '90s but they were all argent silver.

·
Administrator
60,419 Posts
Elwenil said:
But none from '85. ;D
Ok, here is a 85 with a black bumper. ;D

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Didn't the Canyon Sports have painted bumpers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts