Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dodge NP 435 VS Ford NP435- Part Swapping?

What are the compatibility of these to transmissions?

Can a Ford Bell housing bolt to a Dodge 435?

Can a Ford Input Shaft replace the Dodge Input Shaft?

The point of these questions is to determine if I could use a Ford NP435 Bell housing and Input Shaft to bolt a Dodge NP435 to a Cummins 4bt since the 4bt came with Ford NP435 behind them.

Thanks For any Help

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can swap the input shafts if both trannys are the same ratio. Ford used several different NP435 ratios. As for the bellhousing bolt pattern, they are different but should not be too hard to modify.

Do you have both complete trannys? If the Ford is a 4wd model, it should have the same transfer case adapter housing bolt pattern as the Dodge. If that is the case you could put the Dodge mainshaft in the Ford tranny and use the Dodge tcase adapter. This should let you use the Ford bellhousing with a Dodge tcase.

You could still do this with a 2wd Ford NP435,  but you would have to modify the tcase adapter bolt pattern.

·
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Dodge 435 but not the Ford. I've been looking at 4bt/Ford np435 set ups and wanted to verify if I could combine the two transmission together to put in my rc.

It looks like some dodge 435 have extra ear/tabs on the transmissions that you can drill and tap for other bell housings.

·
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
deathrowdave said:
Pm me with questions I have done this before . Nothing hard about it . I have went to Ford dealer for parts because none stocked at Dodge .
Did you Swap input shafts from a ford to a dodge transmission? Do you know if the ford bellhousing bolts up to the Dodge Transmission?

Thanks For any help, I will try to come up with some specific questions when I do a little more research.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Case is different , you can not redrill patterns . I used Dodge input and Ford guts . I even swapped main shaft to Ford . This allowed me to install Ford input into GM NP205 . I mixed up a lot of stuff because I could not locate OEM parts . All worked as it should .
My truck is now NV4500 and NP205 . The OD is not an option , must be used with Diesel . I drove my truck for 5 years no OD , limited to 55 MPH . I located NV4500 and NP205 from a Dodge , I needed the complete truck to get all needed parts to complete the swap . I sold the NP435/case and all parts to a member on this site .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts