Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Vendor
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have a upgrade to go from your 1/2" front spring bolts to the 5/8" grade 8 grease bolts ,DOM sleeves & Poly "T" bushings for the front of your Dodge. I wasn't happy with the 1/2" bolts with the 440s weight not to mention the weight of the CTD.

They are available as a set per each spring eye. In this set you will receive the following;
2) Poly "T" bushings with 1" poly bushings
1) 5/8" ID DOM sleeve for this setup.
1) 5/8" greaseable grade 8 bolt
1) all metal lock nut
The price for the above components are $31.25

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Jim, these are for the front spring eye mounts, correct. Can these also be used on the front spring eye rear mount where it mounts to the shackle? I already have the front upgrade kit from you and figured if I just drill out the lower shackle hole to 5/8" I could use this kit. I will be ordering 4 kits for the front of my 1978 Ramcharger.
Thanks,
Chris.

·
Vendor
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris,
Yes these are used in both ends of the Dodge front spring. you would have to drill out the shackles that you bought from me & then you would be good to go. Did you have the 9/16" or 5/8" in the frame bushing now?
Jim

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
jungle said:
Chris,
Yes these are used in both ends of the Dodge front spring. you would have to drill out the shackles that you bought from me & then you would be good to go. Did you have the 9/16" or 5/8" in the frame bushing now?
Jim
Jim,
I forgot about the frame ones. They are 9/16" so I guess I would need to buy 6 of the 5/8" bolt kits. Are the frame ones different than the ones for the springs?
Chris

·
Vendor
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can use the same "T" bushings but you need to change the DOM sleeve & the grease bolts. Pm me your shipping address again & I'll get a shipping quote .
Jim

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
do these fit the rancho springs as well? i have 12k gvw rear springs i'm installing and rancho 3" fronts that have the 1/2 bolts

·
Vendor
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
impish said:
do these fit the rancho springs as well? i have 12k gvw rear springs i'm installing and rancho 3" fronts that have the 1/2 bolts
So far all the springs for Dodge I have run into the bushing diamenter has been the same as OEM Dodge units.
Jim

·
Vendor
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The shackle flip with the rear spring front hanger will give about 4 3/4" lift. At least that's what I got on my 88 RC.
Jim

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi Jim,
Im about to replace my spring bushes all round.
Do you have the full set front & rear to suit 78 Ramcharger SE?
Is it correct that the rear ones are larger?
Mine are pretty floged out,is there any other info needed.
Oh and will you send to Australia?

Cheers Wayne

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

These were new 1/2" grade 8's less than 3 years and 15k miles ago.
This is why we want your bolts right? ;)

Price 6 sets shipped 84532 along with a 93 crossover frame stiffener both Driver and Passenger sides.

Thanks!
Ken

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
MoabION said:
These were new 1/2" grade 8's less than 3 years and 15k miles ago.
This is why we want your bolts right? ;) Ken
Ken - looks like your shackle was contacting the frame hanger rivet... that would impart an enormous about of shear stress to that bolt etc. I noticed mine were doing that as well...

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Is it possible to get these bolts alone in a shorter non-standard length?

Possible to source 3/4-1/2 and 3/4-5/8 sleeves alone?

These aren't for conventional leaf springs, and I don't have the exact dimensions available yet, but figured I would check if they can even be sourced from you and if so a ball park price for each. Got a couple of guys who have been looking at some 2wd suspension stuff and the above mentioned sizes might work for them.

·
Vendor
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Captain Obvious said:
Is it possible to get these bolts alone in a shorter non-standard length?

Possible to source 3/4-1/2 and 3/4-5/8 sleeves alone?

These aren't for conventional leaf springs, and I don't have the exact dimensions available yet, but figured I would check if they can even be sourced from you and if so a ball park price for each. Got a couple of guys who have been looking at some 2wd suspension stuff and the above mentioned sizes might work for them.
What size bolt? what size & length sleeves?
Ex; On the sleeve, 3/4" OD x 5/8" ID X 3" long
On the grease bolt 5/8"- 18 X 4" long
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I am not sure on dimensions, but lets use a 4" bolt and 3" sleeves for the time being.

It would be 2 bolts, 2 5/8x3/4 sleeves and 2 1/2x3/4 sleeves.

·
Vendor
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Captain Obvious said:
I am not sure on dimensions, but lets use a 4" bolt and 3" sleeves for the time being.

It would be 2 bolts, 2 5/8x3/4 sleeves and 2 1/2x3/4 sleeves.
PM sent.
Jim

·
Registered
143 Posts
So I installed the grease bolts today and ran into one issue, I don't think it had anything to do with your parts but instead my springs were not OEM. My front bushing were 2" x 1-1/2" instead of the 2" x 1" bushing supplied with the kit

I was able to use a set of energy suspension poly bushings from a 76 F250 (Rear spring, 3" x 1-1/2" bushing) cut down to fit into my spring. Have you had anyone else run into this problem?

·
Vendor
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Only once on a 93 Dodge Diesel. Are you OK or do you need to exchange your 1" bushings?
Jim

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm fine, I used a set of energy bushings from a Ford. Kept the spares just in case I find a use for them. Thanks though.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts