Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of another project the other day and come up with a 360 conversion for a D50.. Anybody ever done something like this and how??

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
it can be done w/a lot of fabrication. back in 80's i competed in truck pulling. a d50 2wd pulling truck running a kb hemi. truck pulling sport died here and hemi finally grenaded for the 2nd time, taking out the rear main web out of the al block. so anything is possible, but in my truck about all that was left of the d50 was the body. --sheriff--

G

·
I read about this in a Mopar magazine a few years ago. It used a 360 and a 904 tranny, and, according to the article, required very little work in the engine mount area to make it work. They showed a picture of it doing huge burnout just cracking the primaries. Better tub that thing.

·
Registered
29,723 Posts
yo / l,ve built three or four of these / there nice little pocket rockets / stick with a 318 the rear will like it better / the auto trucks use a 904 dodge tranny behind the 2.6 liter motor / so youi just hafta change the case out to put the small block in / then make yer motor mounts which aint that hard / you need two left hand exhaust manifolds that center dump / NO shifter MODs no drive shaft MODs / other than the exhaust and motor mounts its a bolt in deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts