Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
60,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a scam going around, they will reply to someone looking for a part, and try to get you to send them money by Paypal friends (which cannot be reversed).

Again, do not send them any money.

If there is any doubt, contact me before you send anything, and I can take a look at their credentials, and give you a better idea if they are legit or not.

George

·
Administrator
60,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its crazy, I have been deleting several newbies from Africa every day. Verticle scope has a system that catches most, I just see the ones that get through their system.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Aren't people just lovely. :mad:

·
Administrator
60,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aren't people just lovely. :mad:
I worked retail for about 10 years. I loved working with about 90% of the costumers, but that last 10% did me in.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I could not do retail. I've done commercial windows, residential window fab, and spent the last 30 in aerospace engineering. I would get fired in retail. LOL. My wife tells me the horror stories she endured in retail.

·
Registered
29,343 Posts
I worked retail for about 10 years. I loved working with about 90% of the costumers, but that last 10% did me in.
yup dealing with the service Dept and the tech's was bad enuf , but get a civilian come in that dont know his ass from a hole it the ground , and wants to either look thru the parts books or stare at the computer screen makes life real interesting

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah I've had a few "members" reach out trying to sell me some "parts". I asked what they were selling and they just said to email them lol.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I had at least three PMs like this.

@SuperBurban can you block them and their IPs?

·
Administrator
60,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
800 Posts
I just sent you a PM. Two users, three offers.

·
Administrator
60,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Taken care of.

Anybody else sees anything suspicious please forward it to me.

Reactions: Panda and RCCADMAN

·
Registered
332 Posts
I’ve had a few pms but you got them before I even opened them. I wonder where the influx is coming from.

·
Administrator
60,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The two big hits seem to be nigeria, and india. Both those if I see somebody sign up, I get rid of them ASAP, usually before they can even post. Most others I often let in, just set them for following, so I can see what they post. Until I read about this the other day, my focus was on them spamming us with adds and links. I cannot see what they PM, so I need everyone's help by reporting what they get.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Super Moderator
14,034 Posts
I've been reviewing the new joiners too. A bunch have been too suspicious and were blocked. I'd hate to block a legitimate person trying to get in, but it's risky, especially from overseas.

·
Registered
589 Posts
yup dealing with the service Dept and the tech's was bad enuf , but get a civilian come in that dont know his ass from a hole it the ground , and wants to either look thru the parts books or stare at the computer screen makes life real interesting

View attachment 619775
There is a stereotype of crooked mechanics. But nobody talks about crooked customers.

I can't guess how many free car cleanings people scammed out of me/us because I "got their car dirty". People trading in vehicles after having stripped the interior of all sorts of control modules, airbag components, or anything that wouldn't be found in a quick lookover of the vehicle. People who call the shop and want you to tell them how to fix something over the phone. All sorts of things like that.

My all time favorite was a guy who brought in his S-10 for an oil change, which was odd to begin with since we were a Chrysler dealership. I get the truck on the lift and it has a clearly buggered up oil plug bolt that is leaking. I bring out the service manager and show him before I even touch the truck because I know what is going to happen. He tells me to change the oil. I find the threads on the oil pan hopelessly crossthreaded. Sure enough, two days later the guy comes back claiming we wrecked his drain plug and it wasn't leaking until we messed it up.

Service manager tells me to fix it even though he knows what is going on.

Threads could not be repaired, so I had to take the oil pan out. Which required dropping the trans/transfer case, removal of the clutch, I think the driveshaft had to come out, I possibly had to loosen the front axle, I can't remember. But I do know I spent two full days on that job and didn't get paid a cent for it. And I started looking for another job that day.

F*ck customers.

·
Premium Member
1978 W200
171 Posts
There is a stereotype of crooked mechanics. But nobody talks about crooked customers.

I can't guess how many free car cleanings people scammed out of me/us because I "got their car dirty". People trading in vehicles after having stripped the interior of all sorts of control modules, airbag components, or anything that wouldn't be found in a quick lookover of the vehicle. People who call the shop and want you to tell them how to fix something over the phone. All sorts of things like that.

My all time favorite was a guy who brought in his S-10 for an oil change, which was odd to begin with since we were a Chrysler dealership. I get the truck on the lift and it has a clearly buggered up oil plug bolt that is leaking. I bring out the service manager and show him before I even touch the truck because I know what is going to happen. He tells me to change the oil. I find the threads on the oil pan hopelessly crossthreaded. Sure enough, two days later the guy comes back claiming we wrecked his drain plug and it wasn't leaking until we messed it up.

Service manager tells me to fix it even though he knows what is going on.

Threads could not be repaired, so I had to take the oil pan out. Which required dropping the trans/transfer case, removal of the clutch, I think the driveshaft had to come out, I possibly had to loosen the front axle, I can't remember. But I do know I spent two full days on that job and didn't get paid a cent for it. And I started looking for another job that day.

F*ck customers.
[email protected] People.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yesterday I post a WTB for a pitman arm, the only reply, privately, so far is Ian Gomez191, two hours after my ad goes up.. He joined just to tell me he has the part. I'm so lucky.

·
Administrator
60,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Being from Nigeria, I highly doubt he has a Dodge truck, much less a pittman arm. His account is now gone. Thanks for posting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts