232 Posts
dodge82273 said:
r/c = 35 - 6 + or - gallons
Sorry but you lost me :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny and useful as always. Thanks. Turns out there is no available replacement tank for a 79 trailduster unless I buy a plastic tank for 575usd....so asked my garage if they can repair....apparently my garage is going to fix the pin holes with 'liquid metal' adhesive/filler....

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
the tank , is it metal ? , well the fella who asked what the tank was from .... he makes tanks for trailduster's and Ram Chargers  , and the size posted seems like it's from one of them ...... I personally would rather have a new or soldered / brazed up one . 

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate that the metal tanks are hand built, and can't say I disagree about a new one being better, but they are too costly for me. Even the plastic tank seemed a bit high at 575 so I will need to live with my repaired tank. Thanks, Stuart

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Note that there are two fuel tanks used in '70s era Ramchargers and Traildusters, a 24 gallon steel tank and a 36 gallon plastic tank.  '80s era Ramchargers only used the 36 gallon plastic tank in various configurations.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Would the plastic rear tank from a pick up with duel tanks be the same?

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Negative.  It's possible to use a Ramcharger tank to retrofit a second tank in a pickup, but the factory option one is smaller.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Elwenil said:
Negative. It's possible to use a Ramcharger tank to retrofit a second tank in a pickup, but the factory option one is smaller.
Thanks, I thought it looked smaller but I thought if it could help the OP it would be cheaper.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hey Lanty I have a 89 RC tank I'm sticking under my 76 RC project.  It's stamped with 34 - I assumed it was 34 gallon, not 36?

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
They tend to vary between 34, 35 and 36 gallon through the years.  The spec for '89 should be 34.9 US gallons, but I think the FSM continues to refer to them as a 36 gallon.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
paper book ... just says " x amount but varies"  ,( they tell ya yeah it's somewhere about that much ... lol ) 

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You can also check your codes:

I have a 1974 with HM3. 35 gal plastic

Attachments

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I'm reasonably sure I can fit a Bronco, F-series, or Jimmy/Blazer tank under a RC if I tried. Fords have the same width frame, and the Chevy is narrower.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.