Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be replacing the distributor on my 1985 Ramcharger with a 360 and manual transmission. I purchased the kit from Summit. It is a single pickup unit that will be replacing the stock dual pickup unit. I am wondering if anybody has any first hand experience and/or tips and tricks. I would also like the wiring diagram if anyone has it.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
it has a flat head screw driver type of tip , so its either right or wrong when you put it in , but you cant screw up if you install it with the rotor pointing the same way as you took it out / the ECM wiring diagram is in the photo gallery on the left tool bar <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< look left

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I almost have this figured out. I am having trouble with the "run" power. The power to the positive side of coil is a pink wire that starts at the top left of the starter relay and continues through the balast resistor to the coil. The diagram from Summit shows the "run/power wire" going to the other side of the balast resistor. In the stock wiring there is a red wire connected to the balast resistor. Will that be the correct wire to run to the power wire on the new wiring harness to the ECU?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Do you have a test light?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.