Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is really pissing me off.... my new ram keeps getting low on trans fluid... in 2 days i have lost at least 2 quarts.... which in turn is making it hard to shift into 3rd. what is going on here???? i know the pan is leaking a bit but that wouldn't cause this much would it???? thats the only place i see it leakin at all...any help would be great!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
My folks had a Suburban once that had a problem similar. It would go somewhere, but didn't leak. Come to find out, it was going into the xfer case

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
my experience tells me t-case also.the other place is into the rad-lets hope not ,it makes a helluva mess.if it was an old chebby i would say vacum modulator,but no vac on the dodge.pull fill plug on t-case and see if 2 quarts spill out.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn... i dont wanna hear that!!!!!! but i will take a look... tahnx guys

·
7,995 Posts
Try checking/replacing the O-ring on the dipstick tube. I know on the 727 you will leak about 2 pints a day and it will stop until you fill it up again...then the following day 2 pints are gone again. If the o-ring is bad it may also make it look like the pan gasket is leaking. When you park the truck the excess fluid goes back up the tube, thats why you get such a high reading on the stick when the engine is off and you check fluid level.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will check that later this morning.... i never thought bout that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts