Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put some new Superlift 2" lift springs and spring bushings on the front of my 93, and the driver side looks to be an inch or two lower than the passenger side.

I didn't really look too closely at it before I put the new springs on and don't know if it was sagging before. Can worn bushings in the shackle cause a discrepancy of this size?

I've never dealt w/ these style shackle bushings before, they didn't feel loose when I was installing the spring or anything.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Yes the bushings can deflect enough to make a one inch difference. The Cummins weighs alot more than a big block which can deflect the bushings more than you think, and the new height can make small discrepancies look pretty big. There are several suspension companies which make poly or urathane bushings that deflect less than the rubber ones.

Ed

·
3,753 Posts
RXT is correct, mine leans also. Remember most of the heavy stuff is on the drivers side, mainly the battery(or batteries) and fuel tank being the main things.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, noted about the bushings. Now, while I'm doing this, is it feasible to cut some 1/4" plate or something similar to make some longer shackles for better articulation, or will this leave an improper shackle angle?

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
You can make them a bit longer. Too much will screw up your steering on the highway....caster I think.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
GlennTX said:
Okay, noted about the bushings. Now, while I'm doing this, is it feasible to cut some 1/4" plate or something similar to make some longer shackles for better articulation, or will this leave an improper shackle angle?
Anything that you do to one side of the spring you need to do to the other side of the spring, at least on the front because of the steering geometry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts