Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a '87 RC with a 318 and 727 (4WD). Was running great then one day after changing my diff. fluids, i was testing the 4WD because sometimes it doesn't want to kick back into 2WD right away, and after doing that, on the way back home it seems like it now takes twice as much power to go half as fast as before. it felt like i was pulling a trailer. i knew it was in 2WD, because i can feel and hear when the front's engaged. The problem seemed more noticable in 2nd and 3rd, but 1st still didn't feel quite right. so i changed the cap, rotor, plugs, wires, oil, and air filter. seemed to start up and idle better, but the problem still exists. so then i rebuilt the carb. now for a whole new set of problems that i will make another topic on. but what could be the cause of this slowdown? i checked all the brakes and nothing is dragging, all the wheel spin fine. i first thought was my tranny is going. the fluid level is right on and nice and red. but then i realize there is no slipping or anything like that, so i really don't know. Maybe someone can help me out. thanks for any help!!!

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
like it now takes twice as much power to go half as fast as before.

Could it be as if the t-case is stuck in low range? Other possibility, the torque convertor didn't get filled up when you refilled the tranny.

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts