Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 tbi...Im sick of always playing with sensors and undependable driveing...... I want to switch to a crab and put some hop up parts on it like a nice intake and cam......... What i need is a deatilaed list of all the parts that i need...... So one told me that i would need a new dis out of a older dodge but I know that alot of older chevys have been swapped to electronic............ the cam i want is a lunati bracket master 2. It said it would have strong low and mid range 2000 to 5500 rpm.....the carb im lookin at is a holley 600/or 670...... HTe intake is a eddie performer rpm....... What do i need? ???

·
Registered
30,059 Posts
a better spell check / only kidding / most of the conversion is covered on here its just not spelled out in a HOWTO which it should be

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL!!!!!!! sorry......

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
To continue in that vein...

You will need (in order of importance):

Time.
Money.
More Time.
More Money.
Help from a knowledgeable friend.
Even More Time.
Even More Money
Even More Help, and
Some Luck.

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Well, :-X

But :eek:

And :-[

Before ;D

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
you guy`s are relentless!! LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
well i do know that the edelbrock proformer and the holley 600 cfm is a good set up i have it on my 79 360 i also have a cam .. unknown .. but the set up seems to work well i know when my truck was runing that it would shit-n-get and had a nice range of power and pulls hard

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Smokey said:
To continue in that vein...

You will need (in order of importance):

Time.
Money.
More Time.
More Money.
Help from a knowledgeable friend.
Even More Time.
Even More Money
Even More Help, and
Some Luck.
Expecialy with the state inspection because theres no way a vehicle thats supost to be injected will pass smog

Editied due to bad mood ::)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also doing this swap. You will need:
Intake
Carb
MP electronic ignition kit
Fuel pump?(I am using mechanical, see if your truck has the
fuel pump eccentric on the cam)
If your truck has A/C, you wont be able to use the RPM intake
because of compresor location.
Would be easier i think if you took ALL wiring from an older truck, and transfered it over.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the tbi pump in the tank only puts out like 7 psi any way....

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
AaaaaHAH ! Maybe THAT's what was wrong all along...

·
Registered
780 Posts
The kickdown and throttle linkage from a 4 bbl donor truck would be good to have too. Wiring from a carbed truck would be good, but not required. I don't remember if the 88 tbi has an external voltage regulator or if its in the computer, but if it is, youll need to get the wiring for that if you are going to ditch the whole computer set up.
hope this helps some...
C.J.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
James,if you'd do this,get a Chiltons Manuel or a Factory Service Manuel would be MUCH better. Check the codes on it,you do know how to do that don't you? If you haven't serviced the truck in a good while,that would hurt it,get a timing light and get the timing set on that truck,get it set RIGHT and check the codes,I bet its just one little sensor. I got my 90 318 TBI RC and its been VERY dependable,I'd drive it anywhere. I had a MAP sensor go out on it once,ran like hell,checked codes,bought new one,never had any other problems

Jimmy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts