Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Demon carbs : $400 + for the hose and fittings

I used to run holleys until BG came out (barry grant) then i ran only his stuff, then he came out with the Demon line, i went to the Demon carbs, and i love them some people say there to expensive, but i don't care, for the performance they offer i won't use anything else until something better comes out, i have them on the race cars and i have the speed demon on the truck, it has performed flawlessly, on a factory 360 thru a 1" tapered plate into a edel air gap intake, on this set-up the carb likes the more aggresive pump cam and on my truck i pull 22" of vacuum so you will have to see what power valve you need, my motor also likes the quicker opening vs spring it has also given better mpg than the q bog and hasn't had a problem on steep inclines (the q bog did) or off camber trails, i will measure the grade, but without measuring i would say it's 45 degrees or slightly more.
Installation is like any other carb other than the fuel line and fittings.

There are pictures in the truck section.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The motor is a 85

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
I have been considering this swap for a long time also Marty.
I have had trouble with stalling the truck when I get to really bouncing through a mudhole or up a steep hillclimb. I have had great success so far with the spring loaded needle valves from holley though in my 4160. I still might try the Demon anyway. I am rebuilding the 400 i just blew up and having it become a stroker and I think that it will be fitted with a demon.. I have also been looking very closely at the Truck Avenger carbs also aand wondered if you have any opinions or insight into those.
Mid_evil_thymz

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Demon is what i firmly believe in, i won't go back to holley i left them years ago for BG's stuff. I haven't ran a TA carb but it is kinda still on the old holley platform

1 - 5 of 5 Posts