Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with 2020 coming close, I really think trumps gonna take it hands down.
It seems everyone happy with what he’s doing, his rally’s are much larger than Obama’s ever were, but you really think the dems don’t already have a trick up their sleeve?
I’ve seen they are trying to get rid of the electoral college, pushing to let as many immigrants in as possible, (which was Obama’s strategy as well) to try to import some votes.
I really wish people would start focusing in on the REAL problem, Congress, and pushing to make them do their jobs.

So I’m just gonna put this out there, I foresee an economic collapse of Wall Street just before elections, to sway the public that it’s the presidents fault.

As most of us saw our health insurance costs go rise by more than 400% after Obama care, I know we needed a reform but that took a “needing a reform medical system” and made it flat-out dysfunctional.
So at what point can we stop fighting the media over a bogus Russian collusion and a faulty press before we realize it’s time to focus and making our futures a little less shitty and crooked?
You can only tax us so much before it becomes cheaper to just not work.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Rabbit929 said:
It seems everyone happy with what he's doing
Maybe everyone you know, but there are plenty of people who are certainly not happy with what he is doing.

Rabbit929 said:
his rally's are much larger than Obama's ever were
His inauguration rally certainly wasn't. Do you have any proof that his subsequent rallies were? And is the size of ralliles really relevant or a good measure of anything?

Rabbit929 said:
but you really think the dems don't already have a trick up their sleeve?
Anybody running for president should.

Rabbit929 said:
I've seen they are trying to get rid of the electoral college
Republicans have called for this, too. Stop trying to turn it into a one-sided issue.

Rabbit929 said:
pushing to let as many immigrants in as possible, (which was Obama's strategy as well) to try to import some votes.
Do you have any proof for any of these assertions? Do you have any proof or statistics about illegal immigrants actually voting in elections and that they did so with the aid of Democrats?

Rabbit929 said:
I really wish people would start focusing in on the REAL problem, Congress, and pushing to make them do their jobs.
On this, I agree. The House has been passing bills constantly but the Senate, specifically Mitch McConnell, is refusing to let the House bills come to the Senate for debate. Right now, the biggest cause of the Government doing nothing is Mitch McConnell and the Republicans who are running the Senate. The House is doing the best it can to give US citizens a functioning government but Republicans and Mitch McConnell are preventing anything from getting done except packing the Federal courts with judges favorable to the Tea Party.

Rabbit929 said:
So I'm just gonna put this out there, I foresee an economic collapse of Wall Street just before elections, to sway the public that it's the presidents fault.
How, exactly, is anyone going to cause an "economic collapse" of Wall Street? Probably the closest a single person ever came to shutting down Wall Street was when Abbie Hoffman went to the then open viewer's gallery and threw bags of money onto the floor of the stock exchange. All the traders stopped trading and started grabbing cash. Trading came to a halt. The viewer's gallery was glassed in shortly thereafter. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/how-new-york-stock-exchange-gave-abbie-hoffman-his-start-guerrilla-theater-180964612/

Further, don't forget that Trump is the president, not Clinton or any other Democrat, and Republicans control the Senate, and government agencies, to the extent Trump has allowed them to remain staffed, are staffed by Trump appointees (almost synonymous with Trump loyalists). Further, there is no way Democrats or Republicans could make Wall Street collapse. Additionally, they wouldn't want to. Nobody wants another depression or recession like was caused by Republican policies in the 2000s.

Rabbit929 said:
As most of us saw our health insurance costs go rise by more than 400% after Obama care, I know we needed a reform but that took a "needing a reform medical system" and made it flat-out dysfunctional.
Look to the obstruction tactics of the Republicans as to why costs have gone up. The idea was signing up more people would lower costs for all. The Republican answer? Make it harder for people to sign up for health care by underfunding and understaffing the means by which people signed up. Underfund, limit access, and give loans instead of grants has been the GOP response to the ACA.
https://www.healthinsurance.org/blog/2017/05/17/10-ways-the-gop-sabotaged-obamacare/

Rabbit929 said:
So at what point can we stop fighting the media over a bogus Russian collusion and a faulty press
About the time we all acknowledge that the Mueller investigation has lead to convictions and that the Russians interfered with and had a huge impact on the 2016 elections and that Trump comitted, at a minimum, the crime of obstruction of justice. The only reason Trump is not curently indicted is the fact that there is a D.O.J. POLICY (not law, not constitutional principle) dating back to the Nixon years that a sitting president cannot be indicted. The only reason there was no collusion with Russia is that Trump and his staff were too naive and stupid to actively engage in collusion.

Here is a neutral, unbiased overview of the Mueller report prepared by PBS.

Just because your first reaction to a particular news report is to disagree with it, doesn't mean it is wrong. I agree that far too much editorializing goes on these days and that news should stick to reporting independently verifiable facts, but the only people I see trying to fght the press are Trump and his supporters. He just seems to hate it when people accurately report what he does an what is going on. Then he calls them the enemy of the people, like he is Stalin or something.

Rabbit929 said:
before we realize it's time to focus and making our futures a little less shitty and crooked? You can only tax us so much before it becomes cheaper to just not work.
Yes. That is why I will not be voting for any Republicans ever again. Their refusal to stand up to Trump while he pisses on the Constitution and political and social norms has invalidated the whole party in my view. To stand by and do nothing while Trump willfully obstructs justice, violates the emoluments clause, pals around with murderous dictators, brings us closer to nuclear war, plays fast and loose with trade and sanctions, and to block bipartisan attempts to hold Trump accountable and secure our future elections is inexcuseable. Trump's tax cut benefitted nobody but the very wealthy and corporations. His trade policies have been terrible for American farmers. Finally, he is a demonstrated liar. He tells verifiable untruths dozens of times per day. You simply cannot believe a word he says about anything. How a slick real estate con man and TV star from New York ever convinced rural America that he represented their interests is beyond me.

However, given that Trump's base was happy to elect a completely politically unqualified and admitted rapist to be president, I am worried he stands a chance of being reelected. The best thing that people can do is to get outside of the echo chamber of news an information sources that they normally listen to and go out and look for reporting from other sources, even sources they might disagree with at first blush. Consume news from a broad range of sources (try listening to the BBC or news from Canada for a change), consume a lot of news, and make your decisions accordingly.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the rallies where I am from were heavily sold out, and the mass protest CNN reported was actually about 25 people. I was there, I saw. And the size of the rallies shows support. So though the news reports what they want to for their own agenda, a lot of us Americans, especially farmers, are glad to see what he’s done.

He hasn’t done anything to hurt the farmers. Farmers have been hurting from crap grain and cattle prices for years. It’s about time someone stood up and fought for a fair deal. Of course China and Canada are gonna be reluctant, as we’ve been a cash cow for them for years.

As for the truck up their sleeve comment, I think you know what I’m talking about. Like the dems tried with stormy Daniels, “grab her right by the pussy” comment, Russian collusion, etc etc etc.
Have you ever seen Democrat’s in such a miserable sickening flurry? From the day trump won they’ve been crying ever since rather than cooperating.
Next thing your gonna see on CNN is how trump forgot to rewind a VHS in 1992.

Senate; of course you would just point fingers at republicans and say it’s their fault. I know I’m not gonna convince you otherwise so what has the house done except cry for impeachment?
Lower the voting age to 16 because some tide pod eating teenagers make good democratic voters?
Push for post-birth abortion? They’ve done nothing for two years. Nothing in the American people’s interest that is.

Immigration; proof of my assertions? How about free cell phones for immigrants? Free Medicaid? Mass asylum, sanctuary cities, or the “free vacation package” for pregnant women, specifically designed to lock immigrants here with an anchor baby. Most of this is common knowledge.

Economic collapse; all it takes is a stroke of a pen to collapse the market. Trump has a lot of people walking on egg shells as it seems all the dirt is coming out. Idk, time will tell.

ObamaCare hired about 11,000 accountants and not a single doctor.
Nuff said.

I know a lot of the Obama followers are ill informed but let me know one thing he did you think helped anything.
He expanded the shit out of the NSA in the name of public safety, we saw 200 active school shooters a year. Not saying the two are directly reflects the on one another, but what exactly are they protecting us from?

I agree 100% about going for news outside the echo chamber. Nearly all of the mainstream pushed hard to the left, which is why a single quote of “fake news” because such a common saying, as it’s absolutely true.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.