Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would write to warn any of you who are considering a new computer to think twice before buying from Dell. My daughter who started college this past year got a Dell because they offered what sounded like good terms. During the school year she got sick and couldn't work for a few weeks. When she realized that she would not be able to make her payments that were coming up she contacted the places she had accounts. Everyone was very helpful because she was ahead on her payments anyway. Except Dell! As soon as her payment was past due a collection agency working for Dell contacted her demanding full payment of the account. She tried to explain the problem and pointed out that she was ahead of her payment schedule but they said it did not matter. My wife even called the company and only got the same story.
To make matters worse my wife bought our daughter a Dell printer for Christmas. The sales person asked her if she wanted an ink cartridge set to go with the printer but my wife said no she would get our daughter the cartridges locally(for a lot less $).The printer was supposed to be sent direct to my daughter but they sent it to us instead. My wife contacted Dell they authorized UPS to pick up the printer and reship it. SO far so good. When my daughter received the printer at school it arrived with the ink cartridges in the box and my wife thought that the company had sent them as a gift for messing up the shipping . When the bill arrived we knew this was not the case.My wife contacted Dell about the mistake and explained that since this was a gift to a third party it would be awkward to ask for them back.They said it did not matter and we still must pay for the cartridges. She said that if they insisted on payment we would just send the whole order back.The representative said we could do that but we must have a tracking number and gave her one to use.
Our daughter packed the printer up in the same box it arrived in with the cartridges and sent it back to Dell. End of story? Nope, we still keep getting bills for the ink cartridges. When my wife calls Dell customer service she gets someone with a very Indian accent who is very uncooperative. We did finally talk to someone who told us that the printer and cartridges where not supposed to go back to the same place but when my wife told the person we shipped the package back just like it arrived they were adamant that it was our problem.They are still billing us and we can get no help from these Indians on the service line. We are now considering getting a lawyer and suing for harassment.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i had the same problem with gateway. yes i ahve a gateway now but its was used when i got it. but needless to say we ordered our gateway and it never showed. we called em and said hey what gives? i get a bill for something that i never received! well they siad they sent it and that my wife had signed for it. she asked for the name of the signer and it was someone we had never even heard of. so they sent out a new system. it was outdated by 3 YRS when we got it, no room for upgrade, and after 6 months the thing FRIED totally. we tried to call em on it but they said "since this is a replacement unit for the first one you recieved there IS NO WARRANTY!" oh and btw, we still got charged for hte first one that ups delivered to someone that wasn't even at our address..... an outdated pc for $2500.... oh and if you go to a gateway store... you pay good money for something that you dont even get that day! needless to say they can go suck an egg!

sorry for the rant but i know EXACTLY what you are going through!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
moparPW200guy said:
i had the same problem with gateway. yes i ahve a gateway now but its was used when i got it. but needless to say we ordered our gateway and it never showed. we called em and said hey what gives? i get a bill for something that i never received! well they siad they sent it and that my wife had signed for it. she asked for the name of the signer and it was someone we had never even heard of. so they sent out a new system. it was outdated by 3 YRS when we got it, no room for upgrade, and after 6 months the thing FRIED totally. we tried to call em on it but they said "since this is a replacement unit for the first one you recieved there IS NO WARRANTY!" oh and btw, we still got charged for hte first one that ups delivered to someone that wasn't even at our address..... an outdated pc for $2500.... oh and if you go to a gateway store... you pay good money for something that you dont even get that day! needless to say they can go suck an egg!

sorry for the rant but i know EXACTLY what you are going through!
Have you noticed Gateway is closing all their stores? Dell is becoming the IBM of the new millennium.They want to be like Microsoft for hardware. I say "WHITE BOXES AND LINUX FOR EVERYONE!"

·
Registered
143 Posts
LINUX FOR EVERYONE?

No Linux for me, thank you very much. I don't like monolithic architecture the slightest bit: the microkerneled Mac OS X is what I much prefer.

·
Registered
324 Posts
OS X ROCKS!!!! I love it and would not even consider going back to a Microshit based computer anytime in the near future anyway...

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Never had any problem with ordering or shipping from dell but myhardrive went kaput I called customer support expecting the the prfesstional people that spoke proper english on the commercle and I got paco(okay not his real name) while I didn't care who I got he walked me through the same over and over for an hour I finaly got fed up and told it was fixed and up. Then I pushed F1 the only button I haddent pushed and it started right away go figure.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Have never had a problem with Dell they treat us great but then again we buy 50 to 100 pcs a year from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts