·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Yes

Ed

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Keep an eye on differences in the wiring harnesses and some switches may not be the same, but the dash itself should fit with no problems. You might need to drill new holes and be careful removing the screws along the bottom of the windsheild. They are in a tight location under the rubber seal. If you slip or pry the wrong way, it's real easy to crack a windshield.

Ed

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wiring and windsheild should be no problem because this 81 cab is brand new !!! it's never been installed on a vehicle. I bought it from a company that used to make mouldings for Dodge trucks while they were still in production, when this body style was discontinued they put this cab which was their test fit cab behind the shop where it sat ever since, till I spotted it and bought it from them. My truck is a 79' with serious rust problems so this 81' cab is going on in it's place and I want to use as much as possible from it while doing the swap.
I have several 80's style dashes but like the look of the older dash better.

I am going to use the nose of a 1970 Buick Skylark as a sunvisor. the width is right and should look good and different.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Many of the guages in my dash don't work, so instead of fixing them I'm just going to make a custom dash sometime, That way I can reposition everything and add more guages and switches and stuff.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i like your idea,
i have a 72 dash, that i like better than my 84's..........
i guess it will also fit? ..........i also like the older dashes better myself....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have 2 complete 80's style dashes if anyone is interested. I'll swap 1 for a set of Regular cab short bed body mount bushings or a pair of door panels or a pair of 80 up tail lights

1- Burgundy
1- Grey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts