Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theoretically speaking, if a M90 supercharger was to find its way on top of the 3.9L engine on my 96 ram 1500, how unhappy would the stock engine management be?I have a sawsall and a welder I can make anything fit anything, but neither of those too toys do anything for computers.Yes a v8 would be an easy swap but it wouldnt whine.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Very unhappy.

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,244 Posts
I put a supercharger on a 2008 Mustang GT and it freaked the stock computer out.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gross.You had a mudstang gt.

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,244 Posts
No sir. It wasn't mine. It was a customer's car. I later rectified the problem with a new standalone ECU. I used to work at a custom shop that installed hi performance parts and suspension components for 4x4's and low riders before being the proprietor of my own speed shop. 

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok well that's better.

·
Registered
432 Posts
RedneckInTraining said:
Gross.You had a mudstang gt.
I lol'd. Thank you.

And yes, computers are very specific. If you introduce a new factor, one it was not programmed to understand, the computer will shit a brick.
My old roommate put a $30 ebay "chip" on his car, which was basically just designed to confuse the car into thinking it needs more fuel and air, and I'm not saying it didn't give him a wink more power, but he did eventually get sick of his dash having every available trouble light on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.