Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright ... I have a Cummins swapped 90 Ramcharger. The original Dana 70 from the donor first gen had gave up the ghost. Swapped in a second gen Dana 70 to replace it to have the removable drums and it was just easier to locate a matching gear ratio in a second gen...

My question is what to do for e-brake cables? All the info I found about swapping is into a pickup, obviously not quite the same.
Thanks for any insight!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...
I saw your writeup, and just wasn't sure due to the difference in length between the rc and the w250... Also the bracket is the one off the second gen?

I guess Ill have to start by checking the yards here and seeing if any of the trucks have cables and hardware that arent frozen up.. The axle I bought had the cables cut already so I wanted to make sure the path was correct before I bought parts that didn't work..

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
You simply place the 2ndgen bracket on the frame so that the stock RC/1stgen cable is at full stretch. But yes, you'd need the bracket to do what I did.

The cables that go to each wheel are stock 2ndgen. (I bought new ones.) They end up a little long, but easy enough to route and secure as you wish. I went for nice & swoopy so they don't bind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.