Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a front Dana 60 from a 79 1 ton. Are my shafts the ones that neck down? I haven't pulled it apart yet, so I don't know.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I picked up a set of '79 Dana 60s also for my '88 RC. I haven't pulled them apart yet to confirm but everything I've read so far points to 35-spline necked down front inner axle shafts and 30-spline axle shafts in the rear. I'm stationed in Okinawa right now but intend to install aftermarket full diameter 35-spline inner axle shafts and 30 or 35-spline outers upon my return next year. Outers depend on whether I can get the external hubs opened up to 35-spline. Really don't wanted to spend all the extra money to swap to internal hubs.

·
2,621 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
bigtrucknut..........You can have your lockouts broached by dynatrak.

They will charge 150.00 to make them from 30 spline to 35....Called them already and thats the way i'm goin....

·
Registered
959 Posts
BigT, great news for us that want to stick with the external hubs. I intent to start ordering parts to rebuild my 60s once I get back to the States. 4.56 gears, Power-Loc/Detroit Locker diffs, 35-spline axle shafts to run 38 Swampers. Where are you getting your shafts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.