Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Dana 44 Drive flanges?

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Sam Simpson 
#1 ·
I'm set up with a chevy 3/4 ton (8 lug) HD44 front end and a full time 203 transfer case. I am wondering if there is an alternative to manual locking hubs out there?
I was thinking that it'd be great to have simple drive flanges for permanent, positive hub engagement. Anyone know where to source?

#4 ·
Hey, have you checked out the TX Chapter? We go on runs at least once a month. I am a rock guy too :) Check it out, we should be heading for a run this month.

there is a part time kit you can buy for the cad axles, I am just not sure if they are the same hubs that the non cad axles use.

#5 ·
RCC_SaMiaM said:
Hey, have you checked out the TX Chapter? We go on runs at least once a month. I am a rock guy too :) Check it out, we should be heading for a run this month.
Thanks for the heads up. My family and I are new to the state and we'd love to find out more about offroad events nearby.

#6 ·
You are pretty close to the houston crew. There isn't any rocks over there, but plenty of mud :)

Our last run was in San Antonio at a place called Devil's Den, alot of rocks there. We have a post in the TX Chapter board with links to various trail runs we have had, you should check it out. Hopefully you can make our next run.

#7 ·
Thx, I'll check out the TX chapter section.

I've been looking for more info on what the CAD hubs are like. Nothing so far. Maybe there isn't anything out there right now that works. That's really surprising considering how common this axle hub is; any store out there has stock of manual hubs that would work. If mile-marker or warn produced these I'm sure there are plenty of people with full-time transfer cases and/or dedicated trail rigs out there to buy them. Oh well.

#8 ·
Hit up a junk yard and look for a 1985 dodge truck or RC with a 1/2 ton dana 44. That'll have the cad. I've also seen the CAD setup on some 3/4 ton dana 44s. You can even try looking aftermarket. I know there is a fulltime hub flange for the dana 60 front axle that replaces the manual hub.

#9 ·
Yeah, seeing the hub flange for the 60 is what made me want one for my 44. No aftermarket offering at all so far as I've found. If anyone has seen the hub setup on both a CAD and regular axle please sound in on whether they're similar.

#10 ·
The CAD and nonCAD setup are similar in hub assembly design only. You know what the manual hubs look like on the inside with the knob and rest of the internals. On the CAD there is just a chrome cap on the outside, snap rings, and a drive flange that ties the axle shaft and hub together to make it essentially a fulltime setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.