Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

My sister and her husband stopped by our place today as they were driving from MD to our grandmother's house...they wanted to watch my oldest at his little league opening ceremonies this morning. It was fun as always! 8)

One thing we did after the ceremonies was stop by the NAPA store at closing so she could see where I work. She was once a Western Auto "parts chick" herself and is now a Pontiac mechanic, so we have a lot in common.

Any-who, my Dad said awhile back that he wanted us to take a pic in our "work shirts" so he could have a photo of his "boys" on his desk...you see, he has just us two girls. ;)

We had already planned to take the pic during the visit, but since she had her shirt in the car, I had a shirt in the store, and we already had the camera with us...

We took advantage of a cool back-drop and a couple props...Happy Easter, Dad!!! ;D

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
LOL....nice touch with the wrenches!.... ;D

·
Registered
737 Posts
That's kool!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
squads51 said:
LOL....nice touch with the wrenches!.... ;D
I grabbed them off the wall as we were heading out to the parking lot. I figured it would give us something to do with our "free-hand"...and be funny too! :D

68300 said:
That's kool!
Thanks! We had a great time taking the pics!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
88_mopar said:
Oh noez! Even the NAPA truck is a ferd! Atleast you dont have to work on that one. Or do you? lol :p
Nooo...that's an '09...too new for me and under warranty. ;)

The other two delivery vehicles are an S10 & a Cobalt. :p

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Thats too kool!  ;D

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
where's the pickup's hat?

is the wrench you're holding pink?  or is it reflecting something?

one of the delivery vehicles here is a little Chevy Aveo or some compact.  "Granny" that drives it got tired of others leaving a mess in it so she had a big daisy painted on the hood, now they won't drive it.
They used to have one pickup with flames, aftermarket wheels, and the hat on backwards too.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
LOL...... Dad's boys. I like that..........  ;D

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Good pic!

Your father should be proud!!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Donk said:
where's the pickup's hat?

is the wrench you're holding pink? or is it reflecting something?
It would be nice to have the hats but...for lack of a better way to put it...they would just get stolen because the delivery vehicles set in an open parking lot at night. :-\

The wrench is reflecting the red side of the building...I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. :)

RamCharger 2X said:
The store I go to here has an S10, Colorado and a Yaris.
Our sister store has a Colorado that I've driven a few times...I must say that truck has some spunk in that V6! 8)

Toyradio said:
Thats too kool! ;D
mopar65pa said:
LOL...... Dad's boys. I like that.......... ;D
Unclebull said:
Good pic!

Your father should be proud!!
Thanks guys! Yep, we've always been his "boys" and he loves it. I guess it's a good thing that my Mom is a bit of a tomboy herself. We were raised to turn wrenches and be able to run in high heels...although I don't think I'd want to try them at the same time. ;D

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I think it would have been awesome if you pretended the wrenches were light sabers and had a battle with them while the pic was taken...

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
{cool} Cool pic
Our store just had a change of management and now has a Napa Blue PT Cruiser out front.

·
Registered
312 Posts
That was my first thought too..."where's the hat?"

True story here:

The NAPA here lost one of their trucks in an accident a few years back.. the kid driving went around a corner WAY too fast, AND on bald tires. {stupid}  He ended up rolling the truck onto its side. The only thing that saved him from going completely over was that dumb hat.

A year or so later, this kid came into my shop with a job application. I looked it over, and saw he'd worked for NAPA. I asked him if he knew who rolled their truck. He said "that was me" and then proceeded to blame everyone but himself for being stupid.

Needless to say, he doesn't work for us.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Our NAPA parks their delivery trucks inside a neighboring building at night.  They used to leave the keys in them (locked building), until some people broke in and had a demolition derby one night.
They now remove the keys and lock the vehicles too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts