Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- '79 Dodge Dana 60 front srw axle: Eaton E-locker, Lockouts, 3.54's, complete ram-assist/crossover steering - Rockstomper Ram-sssist, Ram-Off-Road crossover steering arm, tapped steering box/hoses/drop pitman arm/DOM crosslink with heims - everything - $1600 complete
- '93 Dodge Dana 70 rear srw axle: Power-Lok limited slip, 3.54's, spring perches properly cut/re-mounted to raise pinion angle for lifted applications with double cardan joints - $600 complete

-- $2k for both axles together.

- Wheels and tires: Mickey Thompson 36 x 15.5 MTZs mounted on 16x10 8-lug aluminum alloy wheels; wheels blasted and painted semi-gloss black, perfect condition. Tires have been on two trails and little street driving - no real tread 'wear' - full depth and siping. For as big as these are they ride amazingly nice - $2200 for the complete set.

-- $4k for everything.

Can deliver to Colorado Springs-Denver areas for beer, even further for beer and food/fuel :D

Any questions please ask. Thanks for looking.

- Sam
Falcon, CO

and since threads are worthless without pics...here's a couple pics of the tires just after I got 'em - I'll get pics of the axles later today -

...and a couple outside -

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my buddy that was going to buy is not able, sooooo ya :p.....

I don't expect the wheels and tires to sell, and I'm happy to use 'em on the new rig, but the axles need to go.

G

·
I thought they where going to go on the new rig?
Well I'm interest in them I'm going to be in Moab sep 28 ish

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to re-use them but I found another set of axles already with 4.56s, so I'm going that route, plus this way these axles can stay intact.

About Moab...toss in a Benjamin for fuel and I could be persuaded to meet you there.  Are you planning to be there over the weekend (25-26 Sep) or week days before/after?

G

·
We are doing a whole road trip from Blaine,WA to Tucson,AZ and back up threw Grand canyon a stop in moab north to Salt Lake City, UT and back home.
We leave the 14th of sep and and want to be home the 1st.
As for me getting them home could be hard unless on the trip I buy a mega cab a few in AZ I will check out. They just would not fit in the Hyundai well I could get them to fit but the wife may have a few issues.

So short answer we are going to be leaving Tucson the 26th or 27th so I think that will put us in UT on the 28th.

I was leaning to doing 4.56 gears also. I would think that with my 440 and 3:56 it would not be to bad.

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
becdino said:
They just would not fit in the Hyundai
I think together they'd weigh more than the Hyundai ;). Yah having a way to get them home might be an issue, or were you intending to 'look' at them and then decide? Can't make the trip that way; to deliver anywhere (especially that far) I'd need 'em paid for

G

·
I'm looking for a set I did not think I would find a set this soon. Not much to look at and from what I have seen and read from you and about you I would trust them site unseen. I'm just going to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no worries.  And while I'm always hip for taking a bit of vacation time during the week for an impromptu trip to Moab, I'll need a couple days notice ;) ;D

G

·
But this is the exact set-up I want well just maybe 4.56
One question Eaton E-locker, Lockouts always locked?
{gloating} Sorry I'm a novic 

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well in 2wd I always run unlocked at the hubs, but when I think I'll need 4wd (driving in winter, etc) I'll lock the hubs in advance, and then shift the t-case into 4wd when needed - like old school shift-on-the-fly (which you can do with a 205).
The E-locker is on an electric switch that locks the front end together like a spool, for those really bad times when you really don't want to get stuck. I have to mention tho, I'm not certain the electronics for the locker are functional. It worked great when I first got the truck rolling but recently it seems the locker is 'disconnected'. I do not know why - I haven't had it apart to trouble-shoot, but I am including all of the ram-assist and crossover hardware to make up for any potential issues with the locker. At a minimum the front end functions just like any other with an open diff. You may get into the locker and discover a simple wire disconnected, and then you have the locker good to go. If it's something else then at least the whole diff is still fully functional, and later on if you decide to go to 4.56s you'd need a different locker anyway because there is a carrier difference with 4.56's and up compared to the 4.10 carriers and down.

G

·
I have a 203 so all 4 are always going. Dint help me the other day when I did not lock the fronts and got stuck...once I got pulled out.... than I locked them I powered right threw it.  {cool}
Ok I was looking at the web site and did not quite understand now I got it thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The ram-assist is from Rockstomper of Denver, and the steering gearbox and crossover high-steer arm are both from Ram Off Road.  I fabbed the crossover steering arm in house.  The drop pitman arm is from Skyjacker.

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
these aren't the best pics but at least there's something. The sun and the weeds don't help either. But at least you can see the rear diff angle and the crossover/ram-assist gear. I'd really like to see this hardware go to someone in RCC verse just throwing it on craigslist. Make some offers?

I suppose I'd sell the axles separately and with/without the steering hardware, though I'd prefer it go as a complete driveline. I'd definitely use it all on Bud if I didn't need to go with a different configuration.

- Sam

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
There are only 3 leafs in the rear packs!? They handled the weight OK? Good deal on the parts. I just put together what you listed, but with the 4.56s and high steer. To build... it costs a small fortune! Good buy for someone. {cool}

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no the three leaf pack was what I used to see if just those 3 leafs would hold up the front end of the truck, which it did.  I never drove it that way, but I'd likely have put the 4th leaf back under it.

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bump - another couple days and I've got to post it up on craigslist.

I'll take $1400 for both axles (without the steering hardware, etc).

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bump - stuff is now on CL - but I'd sure love to sell it all to an RCC member ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts