Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what has to be done to replace the passenger side drive axle?

i want to know exactly what im doing so this doesnt take me 3 hours to do it....

·
2013 Ram 1500 2014 Challenger SXT
2,275 Posts
If it is anything like an Intrepid it is going to take a couple hours anyway the first time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pir2 said:
If it is anything like an Intrepid it is going to take a couple hours anyway the first time.
Well after i put up this post my mom when to go find a Manual for the Stratus, and she came back with this online manual thing called ALLDATA diy.com and it is only for a 1 year subscription, so im printing up everything i can get a hold of on that website, and the parts people told her that they no longer make manuals in Paperback....

I guess this must be the Eco-Friendly thing to do... ::)

·
7,250 Posts
Kenneth Turcotte said:
Well after i put up this post my mom when to go find a Manual for the Stratus, and she came back with this online manual thing called ALLDATA diy.com and it is only for a 1 year subscription, so im printing up everything i can get a hold of on that website, and the parts people told her that they no longer make manuals in Paperback....

I guess this must be the Eco-Friendly thing to do... ::)
They lied. Paper manuals are still being printed. They told her that to get her to buy the ALLDATA subscription. Probably at an Autozone.

Chris

·
Registered
29,359 Posts
15 minute job / thats with a lift and full shop / raise vehicle and remove tire - axle nut - lower ball joint pinch bolt - pop lower BJ out of spindle -remove lower strut wish bone bolt and pop it towards the front of the lower a-arm / use pry bar to pop axle out of tranny / shuve new one in and put back together

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DODGEBOYS said:
15 minute job / thats with a lift and full shop / raise vehicle and remove tire - axle nut - lower ball joint pinch bolt - pop lower BJ out of spindle -remove lower strut wish bone bolt and pop it towards the front of the lower a-arm / use pry bar to pop axle out of tranny / shuve new one in and put back together
Damn you make this look easy, thanks DodgeBoys

·
Registered
29,359 Posts
when you do dozens a month it is easy  / honda,s and toyota,s have the same exact setup as the stratus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts