Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some times I get tired of looking at ol rusty, the 94 2500 with leprosy. Born and raised texans get confused because many have never seen a rusty vehicle in person before.

So I could do body work, or I could cut my losses and start over (keeping the little bit of drive train that is of any use) Maybe my dana 70 will fit, maybe not. Sad to see a 60 front roll off to the scrapper but that would likely be the scenario.

That put me at a conundrum. I hate the lack of utility of short beds. Have to have a trailer to move a motorcycle, washer, plywood, or dryer? What's the point? On the other hand, anything significantly more than a standard cab with that long bed means reduced city drivability.

Then I was thinking I could just jump on the same bandwagon everybody else is (diesel crew short) and just deal with the consequences as they come. If I stick with 31s it will be easier on the drivetrain, tow better, and most importantly prevent me from trying to build it. (too many irons in the fire syndrome)

I've ogled many crew cab build pics. My request is different. I want to see a 91-93 grille on a crew cab. Ever seen something like that?

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
440 4spd Power Ram said:
Mine just has a '86-90 grill.. ;)
I'm tired of those! That's all I ever seem to own lol. And usually spray bombed with cheap walmart paint, don't know why I always do lol.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
I'm tired of those! That's all I ever seem to own lol. And usually spray bombed with cheap walmart paint, don't know why I always do lol.
What's wrong with a 70's grill? Or a 79-80 single light?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
I like the '86-90 better than the '81-85, at least the newer grills don't look like a Furd.. ;D

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
440 4spd Power Ram said:
I like the '86-90 better than the '81-85, at least the newer grills don't look like a Furd.. ;D
Bradicus will freak out if he hears you say that. I'm glad someone else noticed this.

mopar65pa said:
Other than the fact I don't like most of them, nothing. ;D I think it was 79 and 80 that I thought was ok. I know they were different, but those were those were the 2 I think.

Chances are, I won't find a semi clean 70s crew for cheap. If I did and it had a '60 under it and a 205, I would be happy I suppose. I like the 70s dashes better, so I can deal with that. Chances are, either the grille will be the wrong one or in bad shape, and that stuff ain't cheap. If I went with the 91-93 stuff I can literally walk into 1 of many stores in the neighborhood, point and say "gimme" and walk out after paying not nearly as much.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
I think it was 79 and 80 that I thought was ok. I know they were different, but those were those were the 2 I think.
I think a quad light crew cab would be very cool. I have the parts to do it I just don't want to paint a good quad grill burnt orange. :-\

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
440 4spd Power Ram said:
This link is your friend Joe.. ;) Both of these are in Texas and have D60Fs. http://gsaauctions.gov
Ya, those are the 2 that got me to thinking in the first place.

I wasn't for sure if they had a 60 front because I couldn't see, and I know how dodge liked to slip 44s in sometimes and call it a 1 ton w350. A 205 would be great because it should bolt up to my cummins 47RH.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
Ya, those are the 2 that got me to thinking in the first place.

I wasn't for sure if they had a 60 front because I couldn't see, and I know how dodge liked to slip 44s in sometimes and call it a 1 ton w350. A 205 would be great because it should bolt up to my cummins 47RH.
I checked their VINs and they are heavy enough to come with the D60F and 205, and yes they come as a pair .. ;)

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
440 4spd Power Ram said:
I checked their VINs and they are heavy enough to come with the D60F and 205, and yes they come as a pair .. ;)
:eek:

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
440 4spd Power Ram said:
The axle and transfer case Tony, not the two crew cabs.. :(
OH OK...... ;D

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
mopar65pa said:
Or cheap Walmart paint?!? ;D

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Chrome grille with a chrome bumper, painted grille with a painted bumper.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Then you are going to break your grille.  ;D

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Elwenil said:
Then you are going to break your grille. ;D
It's not going off road, the 31s would be more for "dirt driveways". Pavement pounder only to tow other things and drive around.

By no bumper, I meant no bumper of stock variety. A simple clean design like you built for whatshisname?, the guy with the chebby diesel.

Bumpers do very little except act as leverage points to tweak frames and fold up into grilles anyways. ;D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts