Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a 360 crate engine to replace my tired old girl. getting an Edelbrock performer intake and carb to go with it. Should be a couple hours of fun. anyway... will the summit headers clear the starter and if not what kind of mods are needed?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Summit headers are made by flowtech IIRC, I have a set (flowtechs that is) and they fit fine

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm running them on two of my trucks and they work fine. They are even better if you are using a mini starter. I can change my starter in 5 minutes if need be. It slides right through the tubes!

·
Registered
810 Posts
What type of crate engine did you order? I thought they came with intake manifolds.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
The MP crates come with intakes and dist's

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Well, read the product review on those headers.

I am running them, but I had fitment problems, and I had to get the short starter (there are 2 different length stock starters). I have also had to replace the starter twice since I put the headers on...the heat kills them quickly.

I can replace my starter in about 15 minutes, without removing anything but the starter, and without even loosening the headers bolts, but I have an aftermarket shifter, so all my factory shift linkage is gone on the drivers side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts