Dodge RamCharger Central banner
241 - 260 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
52,683 Posts
Hemiadda2d said:
Many thanks! The coolest I've seen is this Peter Herman photo I snipped from FB:
very cool photo!

RCCADMAN said:
Me too! My brother and I were out putting fiber cement board siding on my house. When it hit 86 I was done. The sun was too intense and we had no shade.
My business partner and I were doing a patio roof last week and by 12:30 we were both done. Soaked in sweat and beat once the sun came around the corner. But that is why We started our own business so we could stop when we needed to. ;)

·
Registered
'79 Dodge Power Wagon Macho
3,531 Posts
Pretty cool video of a CN train crashing through snow

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts
Very cool.  {cruise}

·
Registered
238 Posts
I live in North Dakota, and you'd think I have a shot or two like that, but I don't.  I stay home when the roads get that bad. 

·
Registered
238 Posts
"Glinty Twenty: The Meet"
An Indiana Harbor Belt from Blue Island, IL - Portland, OR vehicle train passes MP 20 on BNSF Glasgow Sub during Golden Hour.  An eastbound empty grain train zips by on the parallel second main track. The silos of the large grain elevator at Berthold, ND tower in the distance.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Hemiadda2d said:
"Glinty Twenty: The Meet"
An Indiana Harbor Belt from Blue Island, IL - Portland, OR vehicle train passes MP 20 on BNSF Glasgow Sub during Golden Hour. An eastbound empty grain train zips by on the parallel second main track. The silos of the large grain elevator at Berthold, ND tower in the distance.
Outstanding as usual!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Went for a drive today, to see an old trestle.
Bourland trestle.
Cool drive on dirt roads.

·
Super Moderator
13,987 Posts
that would be a neat spot to put a small cabin if the railroad would sell the land.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was a Licensed Stationary Engineer by trade for 35 years . Steam era is where it’s at for me . I operated large coal fired boilers and turbines , steam driven pumps daily . Mine were anchored to the ground not moving like a train engine , but the same process and equipment . Those old mechanical monsters were produced by Americans working to raise a family . I really think America has lost the ability to survive with out off shore help today . Sad .

·
Registered
13,189 Posts
RFD TV has a show about trains on ounce inna while , steam engines good show .

·
Registered
21,898 Posts
dodge82273 said:
RFD TV has a show about trains on ounce inna while , steam engines good show .
I just found this one on eBag, 273. He's doing some serious pushin' here... ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
21,898 Posts
WTF, I might as well attempt picture posting experiments in this thread. LOL

This is along the Lehigh Valley in 1968...

:cool:
lvplymouth.jpg

Reactions: jcruse64

·
Registered
52,683 Posts
Went for a drive today, to see an old trestle.
Bourland trestle.
Cool drive on dirt roads.

very cool!

·
Registered
52,683 Posts
So Uncle Tony's garage did a little PA train stuff.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was a Stationary Engineer by trade . Only difference is my boilers didn’t have wheels under them. Henry Ford was a Stationary Engineer also , generated his own home electricity . So I dare say the Big Boy at his place is restored ( or was ) to running condition when parked . There is a tremendous amount of energy generated and contained within the shell and super heater of those boilers . I don’t think anyone in America today could keep on of the real machines running with killing a few people trying .

·
Super Moderator
29,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
I don't think any of the locomotives at the HenryFurd Museum were restored, at least not more than cosmetically. I know a team went to inspect the H8 Allegheny there to see if it could be restored to working condition and return it to service as well as the one at the B&O Museum. If I remember right, the B&O one was in worse shape, but both needed a lot of work before any fire was ever put back in them.

Also, there are a lot of steam locomotives still in service today doing tourist rides and so on. Most run on oil these days, but when I was a kid the Alleghany Central ran a route a couple miles out of town on coal. I can still remember the feeling of getting cinders in my eyes when the locomotive switched around and pulled us back to the station in reverse. People have been pushing for an H8 to be restored and put the "Big Boy" back in it's place as the H8 was the most powerful US built steam locomotive.

The 611 in that vid was restored at the N&S shops in Roanoke,VA where it was originally built, about 60 miles from me.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

One of the steamers, Big Boy #4014 will be making some rounds in middle America this August. I intend to see it August 13th in my Mom's hometown.

Bucky

·
Registered
7,128 Posts

One of the steamers, Big Boy #4014 will be making some rounds in middle America this August. I intend to see it August 13th in my Mom's hometown.

Bucky
An impressive machine. Here it is in Indio, California...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ancestors had some narrow gauge RR for logging operations in southern WV. Can't recall what loco's they had, Climax, Baldwin? This circa 1910's
IMG_3971.JPG

241 - 260 of 270 Posts