Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
221 - 240 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Those are all 5.  I have seen 7020, but was unable to get a shot, and have a shot on 7022.  Nothing else yet, other than one of the maroon units and a couple red ones in fresh paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,894 Posts
Haze gray and underway!!!  :)

Canada's navy uses a lighter gray than ours, Hemi, and #7022 mimics their look.  The U.S. Navy's gray is closer to what you see on #7013 there.  ;D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cannot say I have seen a Canadian Navy ship, so I'll have to take your word for it.  It was a striking paint scheme when I saw it.

"Blooming Westbound Near Foxholm"

The canola bloom is in full swing in North Dakota. Here's a westbound CP grainer at MP 489.5 on the CP Portal Sub.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Hemiadda2d said:
Cannot say I have seen a Canadian Navy ship, so I'll have to take your word for it. It was a striking paint scheme when I saw it.

The canola bloom is in full swing in North Dakota. Here's a westbound CP grainer at MP 489.5 on the CP Portal Sub.
Another nice shot!
Love your winter pictures the best though.
Especially since it's 112 F. today. At least it's cooler than its supposed to be Sunday... 121 F.

G

·
Hi Elwenil .. You brought back a childhood memory...Our family lived in Philadelphia since about 1884 to about 1980 then we headed south.. When I was a child in the early 1960s..Dad took I and brother to the Benjamin Franklin Institute, a massive structure with all types of exhibits.. In the train room, he showed us this giant locomotive on rails. .. Dad said when he was a child his father took him to see it, that being the 1930s.
Back.then one could get on it and they would move the engine back and forth. We were not able to ride it that day we were there. Well they still have those marvels and the institute re engineered the exhibit.. I knew Dad worked for the Reading and got injured, he left to become a city Firefighter because he considered it a little safer..

The engine I recall was the 60000 Baldwin Locomotive Works..shown in the video,
see the link is
at 2 min 27 seconds..

https://www.facebook.com/TheFranklinInstitute/videos/history-of-our-baldwin-steam-engine/360805944640779/

Those Locomotives and the transatlantic steamships were the (space shuttle) cutting edge of technology of their day..... Nice to see the institute
Ed K

·
Registered
238 Posts
Kurt,
There's a big reason I'm in ND.  I can't handle the heat.  I can always put more clothes on when it's cold.  At some point, you cannot legally take enough off when it's hot. :p  The month of heat we do get makes me cranky.  I cannot imagine what 120 degrees for several months would make me into... :eek:

·
Registered
21,894 Posts
You guys just need more trees, Hemi.  It's hard to find shade underneath a rapeseed plant although the fields in bloom are still pretty even when you're sweating your ass off just standing there looking at them.  :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Agreed!  There's an old saying that there's beautiful women beneath each tree in ND.... :p :p :p

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Hemiadda2d said:
Kurt,
There's a big reason I'm in ND. I can't handle the heat. I can always put more clothes on when it's cold. At some point, you cannot legally take enough off when it's hot. :p The month of heat we do get makes me cranky. I cannot imagine what 120 degrees for several months would make me into... :eek:
120 doesn't always happen. Some summers we get close. Some summers we might get 5-10 days spread out.
What I can't stand is the humidity. We'll get the fringes of the monsoonal flow that moves up the Rookies this time of year. We rarely get the rains out of it. It usually clouds up in the afternoon around all the mountains here in the valley. It will rain up there and maybe some will drift into the valley. Mostly it just gets plain miserable.
One day, quite a few years ago, we had a heat index of 145 F. Not fun.
So far we've only had a couple days of humidly. And it wasn't that high. It doesn't take much though.

·
Administrator
59,684 Posts
We seldom get above 10% humidity. Makes the hot weather more bearable. I'm ok to about 95 degs, then I need to go in  the house. I should get a cooler for the shop. Our rain comes by schedule, every mon, wed, and friday nights.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hemiadda2d said:
Cannot say I have seen a Canadian Navy ship, so I'll have to take your word for it. It was a striking paint scheme when I saw it.

Beautiful picture there. I used to live in Rosholt.

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
Hemiadda2d said:
Kurt,
There's a big reason I'm in ND. I can't handle the heat. I can always put more clothes on when it's cold. At some point, you cannot legally take enough off when it's hot. :p The month of heat we do get makes me cranky. I cannot imagine what 120 degrees for several months would make me into... :eek:
if it gets above 80 around here I'm done. I can't take the heat at all. Heck my house stays between 68-70 all summer.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
mopar65pa said:
if it gets above 80 around here I'm done. I can't take the heat at all. Heck my house stays between 68-70 all summer.
Can't do that here.
A 46 degree temp change from the outside would kill us.
Not to mention the electric bill.

·
Registered
13,181 Posts
here 90 daytime , 65 nights , I run a window fan nites , close windows day , stays below 75 all day . No A/C . insulation .....

·
Registered
238 Posts
"Splitting the Signals"
Comet Neowise making a pass over earth near Lonetree, ND at BNSF Glasgow Sub MP 16.6. 33mm, f/2.8, 9 sec, ISO 4000.

Attachments

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
dodge82273 said:
here 90 daytime , 65 nights , I run a window fan nites , close windows day , stays below 75 all day . No A/C . insulation .....
You are insane! I can't sleep unless it's 70* I'll soak the bed with sweat!

Hemiadda2d said:
"Splitting the Signals"
Comet Neowise making a pass over earth near Lonetree, ND at BNSF Glasgow Sub MP 16.6. 33mm, f/2.8, 9 sec, ISO 4000.
That's cool!

·
Registered
238 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
Best pic of the comet I've seen so far, Hemi. {cool}
Many thanks! The coolest I've seen is this Peter Herman photo I snipped from FB:

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
mopar65pa said:
Me too! My brother and I were out putting fiber cement board siding on my house. When it hit 86 I was done. The sun was too intense and we had no shade.

221 - 240 of 268 Posts