Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 35 gallon tank as I see it, either has to have a on the frame rail fuel injection pump back aft. That leaves what is the chances of:

(1) Replacing the stock non-FI tank with a 35 gallon tank from a 93 RamCharger? Or a +/-45 gallon after market, would one have a in tank pump/sender/pick-up that would work on a 97 fuel injection dash and computer?

(2) Did the 93 have a 35 gallon tank?

(3) Did the Mexico RamChargers have a 35 gallon tank in 1997? Ifs would it marry up to my 86 RC and work for my conversion? If so could I get one in the US?

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
You could put a holley electric pump just outside the stock tank you have now or try to find a fuel tank from a 89-93 ramcharger. Those were fuel injected, but you would have to take the wiring too.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Yeah the 88 with a 318 was, but the 360 was still carbed then. That's why I said a 89 so it wouldn't be a guessing game.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
RAMMAN4 said:
You could put a holley electric pump just outside the stock tank you have now or try to find a fuel tank from a 89-93 ramcharger. Those were fuel injected, but you would have to take the wiring too.
The output on the TBI pump was only about 14 psi. The magnum should be about 30. I could be wrong, but I believe he needs a 92 318 tank, or 93 tank.

The Mexican RC's used the 26 gallon fuel tank straight from the pickups.

I think an aftermarket pump mounted by the tank would serve you best.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the inputs, guess that the frame rail is going to be a good way to go. Thats a shame about the Mexican model, would have never thought they would have trashed the 35 gallon tank! Maybe they have the 35 gallon tanks like our US versions and just labled it 26 gallons, hell you can't put but 26 gallons in most of them anyway because the gauge / sender combo and alignmnet procedure, is such a POS!! LOL

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
So what you are all saying is that my 88 rc made in Mexico has a 26 gal. tank and not a 35 gal. tank like the manual states!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
geronimo said:
So what you are all saying is that my 88 rc made in Mexico has a 26 gal. tank and not a 35 gal. tank like the manual states!
I was orignally referencing the RamCharger that was produced "after" 1993. And only joking about those models that are made in Mexico, which are not up to DOT and NSTA an other safety and emissions codes so they are not being sold in the US. That they had the 35 gallon tank which was advertised as a 26 gallon.

I am aware of the US approved RamCharger models that are in this country with 35 gallon tanks made prior to 1994 and that they are made in Mexico as well. I have one!

What ever your manual states the fuel capacity is, that is what it should be, unless someone has done a modification that you are not aware of. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sheez you guys should be able to tell EVERY SINGLE TIME you pull up to the pump and you're on E, and you're filling it all the way up. Just look at how many gals. you pumped... I never cross referenced any manual or or got that from anywhere other than right there at the pump when I'm payin 2 friggin dollars a gallon!

Keepin' it Simple, Stupid.
Jacob

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hey Chief, I haven't had mine low enough to get even 30 gallons in it. Now I'm wondering if my tank will hold 35 gallons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts