Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m installing a Ramcharger console in my Club Cab. How far back from the center of the floor heater vent do I put it?
A good reference is all I’m after from someone who has a one.
The back story is: the truck came with ugly miserable RV seats and oak upper and lower consoles.  My sources for new interior came from the junkyards around here. Hi-back RC seats and tracks from a 90 B250. Seat pedestals from a rusty 82 RC.  Console from a 77 D100 single cab with no kidding, wall to cealing thick shag carpet. My new parts got paint and new fabric from a upholstery shop. Trying to keep it factory looking as much as possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Based on the picture you provided you have a 2wd low hump.  So you don't have to worry about shifter interference.  For factory/ exact measurements I am sure one of the guys on here can give you a hand with that.  On my 2wd d150 single cab 4 speed conversion I had to watch how close I got to the dash because of reverse being so far towards the floor that my RTIC cup would hit while it was in the cup holder.  Got lucky on my first attempt and it passes between both cups without trouble.  I am unable however to get my cup out while in fourth.  Pop can yes, 30 oz RTIC Tumbler, no. 

Neil

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot about manual floor configurations, like early cars manuals are different. 
I’ll look for those dimples. Recall they were on the early truck I removed the console from. I’ll verify with the 90 and get back.
Right now, can’t stop thinking of gear jamming my rig only to discover I just exploded my foam 44oz. source of refreshment everywhere.
Love this site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.